Recipe- Simply The Best Tawa Aloo Chaat
By: Kratika Tue, 23 Feb 2021 5:42 PM
Looking for some delicious potatoes recipe, then try my quick and easy tawa aloo chaat recipe. Requires only a handful of ingredients and trust me, you’ll be making it over and over again.
These griddle cooked potatoes are simply the best and easy to cook. For this dish, baby potatoes are tossed in a marinade of green chutney, yogurt and spices, and that creates a lip-smacking aloo chaat recipe.
3-4 medium sized Potatoes
2 tablespoon Vrat ki Green chuteny (see notes above)
3 tablespoon Beaten Curd (yogurt)
1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds , crushed
Salt to taste (use sendha namak)
2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves - to garnish
2 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
* Assemble all the ingredients.
* Wash and pat dry potatoes.
* Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make a marinade.
* Mix it well.
* Cut potatoes into chunks and add it to the marinade.
* Toss it well. Let it sit for an hour.
* Grease a tawa/griddle.
* Transfer the potatoes onto the hot griddle.
* Cover and cook on a medium low flame.
* If needed, keep sprinkling the potatoes with water.
* Cook until soft and tender.
* Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with vrat ki chutney.