Recipe- Spicy And Delicious Dashmichi Poli
By: Pinki Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:35 PM
Dashmi is preaperd from wheat flour and besan. It is spiced up with different spices. This can be sweet or hot too. This is a good travelling snack as it remains good longer. This can be a good tiffin box option too. Let’s see how to make dashmi using gudh.
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Jaggery
1 cup Wheat flour
1 tsp Besan / Chickpea flour
1 tsp Ghee
A pinch of Salt
* In a bowl, take warm milk. Add grated jiggery and mix well.
* Do not add jiggery on hot or boiling milk. Or milk will get spoilt.
* Jiggery should dissolve in milk.
* In a dish, take wheat flour. Add besan, cardamom powder and salt. Mix well.
* Add ghee and mix well until the mixture becomes crumbly.
* Add a little milk and gudh mixture at a time and make a little thick dough.
* If you want, you can add a little flour to absorb all the milk and gudh mixture.
* Knead thick dough.
* Transfer the dough into a bowl and cover. Rest it for 30-45 minutes.
* Take the dough and knead it again.
* After resting it becomes a little soft.
* Take a small ball of dough and make it smooth.
* Roll a dashmi like we roll regular chapatti. No need to fold it, just roll nice and round chapatti.
* Dashmi should be a little thick than regular chapatti.
* Heat up a pan. Transfer the rolled dashmi on it.
* Roast dashmi on medium heat. Roast for a minute from one side.
* When small bubbles begin to appear, flip over.
* Apply a little ghee and roast for another minute.
* Flip over and apply ghee from other side as well.
* Roast until it gets nice golden color from both sides.
* Dashmi is already.