Recipe- Strawberry Tarts Are Easy To Make
By: Pinki Fri, 22 Jan 2021 3:44 PM
Strawberry Tarts are super easy to make, light and flaky dessert or snack item that can be prepared using fresh strawberries or other berries that are available in your market in less than 30 minutes. Strawberry tarts are one of my all time favorite dessert because they have the right balance of sweetness and tartness. By using Fructevia as a natural sweetener, I was able to completely avoid the addition of sugar in this recipe.
Puff pastry sheets – 1 (or 1/2 box)
Egg – 1
Strawberries – 1 pint box (aprrox. 20 berries)
Butter – 2 tbsp (optional)
Fructevia – 3 tbsp
Salt – pinch
Chopped Pistachios – 1/4 cup (optional)
All purpose flour – for dusting
* Thaw the Puff pastry sheets according to package instructions.
*Remove the stems and leaves from the strawberries, wash and slice them.
* In a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, melt butter until light golden brown (about 2 mins).
* To this, add sliced strawberries, Fructevia and salt, and saute for about 6-8 mins.
* Remove from heat and allow the strawberry compote to cool down to room temperature.
* Preheat the oven to 400 F.
* Dust the working surface with some flour and place the thawed Puff pastry sheet on it.
* Using a rolling pin, lightly roll the sheets till they are about 1/2 inch longer on each side.
* Then, using a pizza cutter or a kitchen knife divide them into half.
* Transfer the pastry sheets to a parchment sheet line baking tray.
* Brush all edges of the pastry sheet with egg wash – this gives the baked strawberry tart its beautiful golden brown color.
* Add spoonfuls of strawberry compote (prepared in Step I) onto the center of each pastry sheet.
* Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and crispy. Allow them to cool down for few minutes before serving.
* Strawberry tarts are now ready.These go well by themselves, or can be served with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy.