Recipe- Summer Special Jewel's Watermelon Margaritas
By: Pinki Tue, 10 Apr 2018 5:00 PM
Enjoy your summers with a special twist to watermelon.
1/2 cup white sugar.
1/2 cup water.
3 strips orange zest.
2 cups cubed seeded watermelon.
3/4 cup white tequila.
1/4 cup lime juice.
Salt or sugar for rimming glasses (optional).
1 lime, cut into wedges.
2 cups crushed ice, or as needed.
* Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
* Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
* Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
* Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
* Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.