Recipe- Tandoori Style Grilled Chicken Is A Delicious Appetizer
By: Pinki Fri, 22 Jan 2021 3:09 PM
Tandoori Style Grilled Chicken is a delicious appetizer or starter packed with full of flavor and spice that you should not miss to try out if you are a meat lover.You can also serve it on bed of basmati rice or some mint chutney. In the recipe below, I have used lemon juice, garlic powder, which can be substituted with yogurt and fresh grated garlic cloves. You can also grate in some ginger if desired. I have added chaat masala which gives amazing tanginess to the chicken. If it is difficult to find tandoori masala powder then substitute it with garam masala powder. Vary the amount of spices as per your taste.
Chicken Drumsticks – 8
Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Red chile powder / Cayenne powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
Tandoori masala powder – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil / Canola oi – 1/8 cup
* Make some slashes (or cuts) using a sharp knife to the chicken pieces. This allows the marinade to get in faster and even speed up cooking time.
* For marinade: In a bowl add lemon juice, chile powder, garlic powder, tandoori masala, chaat masala, turmeric powder, salt and mix. Add chicken pieces and make sure that each piece is well coated with the marinade.
* Cover this and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
* Prepare an outdoor charcoal grill (barbecue or BBQ).
* Place marinade-coated chicken on the grill.
* Grill chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through, about 12 to 13 minutes on each side or a total of 24-26 minutes. Apply oil for over the chicken around the 12-minute mark. If you have a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should read 165 F.
* Tandoori Style Grilled Chicken is now ready. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.