Recipe- Tangy And Delicious Mint Sauce
By: Kratika Thu, 15 Oct 2020 8:05 PM
Mint sauce is a tangy and delicious sauce made from fresh mint leaves. It was originally served with roast lamb to omit the “meatiness,” and the pair have stuck together ever since. It is a British custom, and serving the lamb without the green sauce is considered a let-down. Since mint is a refreshing and pungent herb, its brightness and vinegar’s sharpness cut through the lamb’s fattiness. The tender lamb, the freshness of the mint, sweetness of sugar, and pinch of vinegar, come together to create an uber-cool fusion bursting with classic British flavors.
1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
1/2 cup malt vinegar
1 tbsp castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp boiling water
* Gather all the ingredients. Chop the mint leaves roughly into fine pieces.
* Place the chopped leaves into a jug, sprinkle some sugar, and pour over the boiling water.
* Stir it, cover with food wrap, and keep it aside to cool.
* Once it is cool, stir the vinegar and taste the sauce. If it tastes too strong, add little water to dilute it.
* If not, then add more mint. Cover again and keep it aside to rest for an hour at least.
* The mint flavor seeps in well into the sugar-vinegar as it sets.
* Use the mint sauce as per your liking with your favorite roast meat or salads.