Recipe- Treat Your Meed Week Blues With Mushroom Kadai
By: Pinki Wed, 09 Oct 2019 12:34 PM
Kadai means wok, so obviously this is one vegetable that should be cooked in a wok. Actually, most vegetable dishes or curries in India are generally cooked in a wok. Over the years, the sauce component has gone on increasing so that this is like any other Indian curry, a few vegetables doused in a thick masala paste.
2 medium onions
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow bell pepper
½ green bell pepper (optional)
1 pack or 12-15 mushrooms
¼ tsp turmeric, ground
1 tsp coriander, ground
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp garam masala
1 tsp oil
¼ tsp sugar
Salt to taste
¼ tsp Kasoori Methi for garnish
For the spice paste
2 medium onions
4 cloves garlic
1 inch piece ginger
* Make the spice paste first. Chop onions, garlic and ginger and boil them in half a cup of water until softened. Cool and make a paste. Set aside.
* Clean the mushrooms. Finely chop 3 mushrooms and set aside. Cut the remaining mushrooms in quarters.
* Heat oil in a wok. Add the spice paste and fry for a couple of minutes. Add some water if it starts sticking.
* Add the finely chopped mushrooms and fry them along with the spice paste.
* Add the spices and salt.
* Now add the peppers one by one. Fry for a minute or so.
* Add the onions and fry for a minute.
* Add the quartered mushrooms and stir everything together.
* Cook for 2-3 minutes only until mushrooms start to cook down. Do not cover this curry.
* Mushroom Kadai is done.
* Garnish with kasoori methi just before serving.