Recipe- Try This Creamy Spinach Stuffed Chicken
By: Kratika Thu, 15 Oct 2020 8:05 PM
We are always on the lookout for easy-to-make and yummy recipes that save time and impress everyone. This creamy spinach stuffed chicken is one such recipe you shouldn’t miss. Made with chicken breasts, the creamy, cheesy recipe is a weeknight hit with kids and adults alike. Moreover, it is a keto-friendly recipe which you can enjoy with or without a side dish.
The recipe requires chicken breasts, usually one per person is ideal for serving. While some recipes call for flattening the chicken breasts with a mallet so it can be rolled up with the stuffing, we prefer the version where you create a pocket in the breast to hold the stuffing. Not only is this version easier, it is also juicier if made right.
4 chicken breasts
250 gm spinach leaves
4-7 garlic cloves minced
150 gm cream cheese
100 gm Parmesan cheese
100 gm goat cheese optional
black pepper crushed
* To start with the filling for your spinach stuffed chicken, start by roughly chopping your spinach leaves.You can also break them by hand.
* Put these in a bowl. To this, add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and goat cheese. You can replace any of these with a cheese of your choice.
* Further, add minced garlic, black pepper, onion powder, chili powder, and salt as per taste. Mix the ingredients well and set the bowl aside.
* To prepare the chicken breasts, take a sharp knife and create a pocket by slicing it open from one side.
* You can season the breasts beforehand with salt, pepper, and seasoning of your choice and set it aside for 30 minutes, if you like.
* In the pocket created in the breast, stuff the spinach-cheese filling you have prepared.
* If necessary, seal the edges with toothpicks so the filling does not spill out.
* Once all the chicken breasts are prepared, pour some olive oil in a pan for shallow frying and place it on heat.
* Check if the oil is hot, and carefully place your spinach stuffed chicken in the pan. Turn the flame on medium-low.
* Check in 5 minutes to see if the lower side is cooked. When done, carefully flip the pieces over and leave them till both sides are fully cooked.
* Once done, take them off the pan and let them rest for a couple of minutes.
* Take out the toothpicks you've sealed the edges with and it is ready to serve