Recipe For Try Pitla Bhakri From Maharashtra
By: Pinki Sat, 16 Feb 2019 08:17 AM
Wondering what morning meals are like across the country? Try Pitla Bhakri from Maharashtra.
· besan, ½ cup
· water, 2 cups
· green chillies, finely chopped, 2-3 nos.
· garlic cloves, 3-4 nos., finely chopped
· onion, one, chopped
· red chilli powder, 1 tsp
· turmeric powder, 1 tsp
· mustard seeds, 1 tsp
· cumin seeds, 1 tsp
· groundnut oil, 1 tbsp
· curry leaves, 9-10 nos.
· asafoetida, a pinch
· coriander powder, 1 tsp
· salt to taste
* Mix besan, red chili powder, turmeric powder and a little salt in a bowl.
* Add water, a little at a time, and make a smooth paste of it.
* Add all the remaining water to this paste, mix it and keep it aside.
* Heat oil in kadai. When the oil gets hot, add the mustard seeds.
* Then add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
* Now, add garlic, curry leaves and green chillies, and saute.
* Add onion and a little salt to it.
* Mix it and let it cook until the onions soften up.
* Now add the besan paste and mix nicely until it thickens.
* Stir continuously and keep adding a little water for the desired consistency.
* Now cover it with a lid and let it cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat; stir occasionally.
* Garnish with coriander and serve the pitla with bhakri, roti or rice and spicy thecha.
(If you want to make pitla-bhath, add more water in the pitla while cooking to make it thinner.)