Recipe - Know How To Make Healthy And Delicious 'Fruit Custard'
By: Kanika Thu, 13 Feb 2020 4:51 PM
Fruits are loaded with fiber, water and have significant chewing resistance. For this reason, most fruits (like apples) take a while to eat and digest, meaning that the fructose hits the liver slowly. To increase the consumption of fruits, Here is healthy and delicious fruit custard recipe-
2 tablespoon Custard powder
2 ½ cups Milk
3-4 tablespoons Sugar
2 cups Mixed fruits (Total) chopped. I have used below
¼ cup banana
¼ cup Apple
¼ cup Pomegranate arils
½ cup Grapes
¼ cup Chikoo (Sapota)
¼ cup Mangoes
- Take custard powder in a small bowl. Add ½ cup of milk and dissolve it. Make sure there are no lumps. Custard powder mixed with milk
- Now take remaining 2 cups of milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
- Add sugar and mix.
- With stirring once in awhile bring the milk to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add prepared custard milk mixture. While adding keep stirring constantly to avoid lump formation.
- Now with stirring constantly, bring it to a simmer.
- And cook for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes thick. Keep in mind that it will get thicker as it cools.
- Once thickened, turn off the stove. Remove the custard in a bowl. Bring it to room temperature and the chill into the fridge. It is important to CHILL THE CUSTARD before adding fruits.
- Chop the fruits and make sure to cut all the fruits into same bite-size pieces.
- Add the cut fruits immediately into the chilled custard.
- Stir to combine, again cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and then serve.