Recipe : Tinda Cooked In This Way Will Make Everyone Go WOW
By: Sandeep Mon, 20 Nov 2017 4:53 PM
Tinda or Round gourd is a vegetable that most of us don’t want to include them in our meals. But this recipe of Shikampuri grilled tinda will make everyone go wow
300 grams tinda/ Indian Squash/Round Melon
Pinch of haldi
½ teaspoon salt
1 green chilli chopped
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
2 teaspoon garlic chopped fine (optional)
2 teaspoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon kaju roughly chopped (cashew)
2 tablespoon kismis (raisin)
¼ cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
¼ cup grated khoya (solidified milk)
1 tablespoon bhuna masala (cumin, chilli, dhania)
1 teaspoon chat masala
Salt to taste
1+1 tablespoon oil/ ghee
* Peel the tinda and scoop out the flesh from inside. Keep the flesh aside to be used for filling.
* Bring water to boil, add salt, haldi, tinda and boil till half cooked. Drain and set aside.
* Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, ginger, chilli and the scraped flesh and saute for 2 minutes.
* Add the chopped cashew and saute for a minute.
* Now add khoya, paneer, kismis, salt, bhuna masala, chat masala and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
* Switch off the heat and add lemon juice, coriander and mix.
* Fill in all the tindas with this stuffing.
* Heat a grill pan, drizzle oil and place the tindas. Grill the tindas on all the sides well.
* Sprinkle chat masala and serve.