Recipe- Red Potatoes With Dill, Garlic And Cumin
By: Pinki Tue, 01 Dec 2020 2:44 PM
I used red potatoes for this dish. Have you guys tried them? They are so delicious. For this recipe, I just boiled them and then tossed them with some garlic, cumin seeds and fresh dill. If you are not a fan of cumin seeds, you can reduce the quantity to half. This is one of the easiest side dishes that you can make and it hardly takes any time.
And because my family is here, I will be little busy with them this entire month. So I might not be able to answer or reply back immediately but I will as soon as possible. Have a great weekend!
10 red potatoes small
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds [reduce to 1/2 if you don't like cumin seeds]
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 bunch of dill finely chopped [around 2-3 tablespoons]
salt to taste
* Cut the potatoes into cubes and then add to a pot of warm water. The potatoe should be submerged in the water.
* Cover and bring water to a boil.
* Cook till potatoes are done, around 8-10 minutes. Don't overcook but you should be able to insert a fork inside the potato cubes easily. Drain and set aside.
* In a pan heat oil on medium heat.
* Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
* Add chopped garlic and saute till it just starts turning light golden in color.
* Add the boiled potatoes, salt and toss till potatoes well coated with the garlic and cumin mixture.
* Cook the potatoes for 3-4 minutes or till they become slightly brown in color.
* Add chopped dill leaves, give a mix and remove from heat.
* Serve immediately as a side dish to any meal.