Summer Recipe- Creamy Mango Lassi For Hot Days
By: Pinki Wed, 01 July 2020 09:36 AM
Creamy Mango Lassi made with sweet mangoes, yogurt and touch of cardamom! Enjoy this summer drink while fresh mangoes are still in season.
Mangoes! Yeah, they are delicious and more than half of Indians are obsessed with them. I am not kidding! But I am not one of those. Mango Lassi is another popular version which has sweet mangoes blended with yogurt.
1 cup mango pulp 250 ml, use fresh if possible from 2-3 sweet mangoes else can use canned mango pulp
1 cup yogurt 240 ml, plain whole milk yogurt
1/2 cup milk (cold) or cold water, to thin out the lassi
1-2 tablespoons sugar or adjust to taste
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
pistachios to garnish, optional
saffron strands to garnish, optional
* To a large bowl, add 1 cup fresh mango pulp. I got the pulp from 2 large sweet mangoes which I blended in a blender to make it smooth .
* You can use canned mango pulp if you can't find sweet mangoes.
* To the same bowl, now add yogurt. I have used plain whole milk yogurt here.
* Now add cold milk (or water). I add this to thin out the lassi a bit. Also add the sugar and the cardamom powder.
* Blend everything until well combined. I used an immersion blender.
* Pour the mango lassi into serving glasses and chill before serving! You may garnish with pistachios, saffron strands before serving.