Recipe These Warm, Boozy Recipes Will Cure What Ails You
By: Pinki Sat, 09 Sept 2017 06:29 AM
Wrapping your frozen finger around one of these hot cocktails will remind you why cold weather can be wonderful too.
# Hot Buttered Rum
1.5oz Ron Zacapa Rum
1 oz scoop Buttered Rum Base
5 oz hot water
Cinnamon stick for garnish
4.5 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, chunks
5 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cinnamon, ground
2 Tbsp ginger, ground
1.5 tsp nutmeg, ground
1 tsp allspice, ground
1 tsp cloves, ground
- Fill Irish Coffee mug with hot water, add one scoop of buttered rum base and rum, stir until fully combined, and garnish with cinnamon stick
- Cream all ingredients together and refrigerate until firm.
# Prince Pumpkin
1.5 oz pumpkin puree
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
4 oz steamed whole milk (or choice milk-base)
- Steam milk, pumpkin puree and spices together until hot. Double-strain into cup. Stir in Drambuie. Top with additional milk foam and ground nutmeg.
# Dirty Chai Hot Toddy
8 oz. half and half
4 oz. water
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
2 black cardamom pods, crushed with a mortar and pestle
5-6 pink peppercorns, crushed with a mortar and pestle
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and flattened with the flat side of a large knife
2 tbs. turbinado sugar<
2 sachets of organic whole leaf black tea
For the Dirty Toddy:
2 oz. espresso
2 oz. Knob Creek, or other good quality bourbon
- Combine half and half, water, spices and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add black tea sachets and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea sachets, strain out spices and split chai between two pre-warmed teacups.
- Add one ounce of espresso and one ounce of bourbon to each teacup. Sit back and enjoy.
# Docteur Du Miel
1.25 oz. Bache-Gabrielsen American Oak cognac
1 large tsp honey
.25 oz. simple syrup
Juice of half a lemon<
- Mix the honey, lemon, simple syrup and cognac. Stir. Add hot water, and cloves, if desired.
# The Perfect Irish Coffee
2 parts Hudson Baby Bourbon
.75 part fresh lemon juice
Heaping teaspoon honey
4 oz very hot water
- Add lemon juice, honey, and bourbon to a mug and fill with hot water. Stir to blend and dissolve honey. Add a cinnamon stick and lemon slice studded with cloves for extra aromatics.