Valentines 2019- Recipe For Flourless Chocolate Cake
By: Pinki Tue, 05 Feb 2019 2:03 PM
This cake is a showoff.
For the cake
Cooking spray, for pan
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, cut into large chunks
1 tsp. instant espresso powder
1/4 c. hot water
1 c. sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dutch process)
For the ganache
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
Raspberries, for serving
* Preheat oven to 350° and spray the inside of an 8” springform pan with cooking spray. Place a small saucepan filled halfway with water over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place bittersweet chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering pot. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Turn off heat and remove bowl from saucepan.
* Dissolve espresso powder in hot water. Add sugar and espresso to melted chocolate and whisk until completely combined then add eggs and whisk to combine. Stir in cocoa powder.
* Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until just set in the middle and a thin crust forms, about 35 minutes.
* Let cake cool for 15 minutes then remove sides of springform pan. Let cake cool completely.
* Meanwhile make ganache: Place heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring to simmer. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl then pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit 30 seconds then whisk to combine.
* Pour ganache over cake and smooth with an offset spatula. Place in refrigerator until set, 10 minutes.
* Serve with raspberries.