12 Things That Make Your Relationship Unbreakable
By: Kratika Wed, 16 Sept 2020 3:43 PM
If you are interested in building your relationship to the point that it becomes indestructible, then you definitely have the right mindset. However, this is a feat that is a lot easier said than done. It’s no secret that it’s incredibly difficult to sustain a relationship.
You have to be doing so many things to make sure that you don’t lose the love in your life. There are just so many variables that go into making a relationship work and you need to be keeping track of all of them no matter how difficult it might be.
And even though relationships are always so inherently complex, there’s no denying that a huge bulk of it just boils down to being kind and respectful towards one another in the relationship. At the end of the day, love is never certain. You can only do so much to ensure the permanence of your love.
But if you do things right, then you should be in a really good spot to actually make things last with the love of your life. Here are a few things that you might want to keep in mind if you want to make your relationship unbreakable.
* Never insult your partner. Yes, there is always room for criticism and some light humorous roasting in the relationship. But these should always be done in good faith. You should never be insulting your partner with the sole intention of making them feel bad about who they are.
* Be spontaneous and fresh. You always want to keep things fun and lively in your relationship. And to do that, you have to be thinking on your feet. Yes, you want a sense of stability and consistency between the two of you. But you can’t be so content with just sticking to a routine the whole time.
* Always be respectful of contrasting perspectives. Your partner isn’t always going to share a similar point of view as you. And whenever that’s the case, you need to always practice maximum tolerance and open-mindedness. You want your partner to feel like they are always free to disagree with you without being afraid of how you might react.
* Laugh as much as possible. You are going to go through a lot of rough patches in your relationship. There will be so much pressure on the two of you to actually make things work. And that’s why it’s important to keep things light by always promoting your sense of humor.
* Make it a point to really listen to your partner whenever they talk. Always be receptive of whatever it is they have to say. Don’t make them feel like they’re merely talking to a wall. You don’t want your partner to think that you wouldn’t value whatever they might have to say to you.
* Be mindful of the things that you say to your partner. Keep in mind that words carry power. And that’s why you always want to stay conscious of your choice of words when you’re conversing with your partner. Before you say anything that might carry heat, think about whether it’s really necessary for you to say it or not.
* Just smile. No one wants to be around someone who is so negative and upset all of the time. Make your partner feel safe and comfortable by always smiling whenever they are around you.
* Be humble enough to acknowledge whenever you screw up. And always show a willingness to apologize. No one expects you to be perfect and so you shouldn’t expect that of yourself either. Whenever you make a mistake, make sure that you own up to it and let your partner know that you’re sorry. And try your best to learn from your mistakes so as to never commit them again.
* Don’t be withholding of your compliments and nice comments. Sure, you can tell your partner that you love them all the time. But it’s always nice whenever they are able to hear from you the reasons WHY you are so in love with them.
* Spend a lot of quality time together. You can’t be so content with just spending as much time with each other as possible. It always has to be “quality” time. You must always make it a point to just focus on each other’s company. Minimize the distractions and allow the love and intimacy between the two of you to grow.
* Don’t keep count. IF you do something nice for your partner, then just take joy in it. Don’t be keeping score. Don’t be expecting them to always return the favor. Just be kind and loving for the sake of it. Don’t be expectant of any rewards.
* Give them their space whenever they ask for it. You still have to be respectful of the fact that they are their own person. And they are going to be entitled to their space and privacy in your relationship as well.