4 Symptoms And Solutions Of Mental Disorder In Teens
By: Pinki Thu, 13 Feb 2020 12:53 PM
Is your talkative and friendly teen suddenly turning a loner? Is your teen throwing up after every meal in a desperate bid to avoid weight gain? Well, if you have been noticing your teen’s odd behavior reading this post is a good idea.
From depression and anxiety to phobias and aggressiveness, there are several mental disorders that may affect a teen. Do you know that approximately one in every five teens is suffering from a mental health disorder? The article here gives you handy info on common teen mental disorders, symptoms and tips to handle your teen’s mental health issues. Want to know more about most common teenage mental disorders? Read on!
Symptoms Of Mental Health Disorders In Teens
* Behavioural Changes
Rapid and vivid changes in your teen’s behavior can suggest that she is suffering from poor mental health.
* Mood Swings
Puberty may cause mood swings.However, if your teen suffers from frequent and extreme mood swings, it could be a sign of mental disorder.
* Physical Changes
Low energy levels, frequent aches, change in eating and sleeping habits and neglect of personal appearance can also indicate mental issues.
* Social Problems
Mental health problems can distract your teen, which can affect her relationship with peers and school performance.
Tips To Treat Mental Disorders In Teenagers
* Pay close attention to your teen’s behavior and watch out for any extreme changes. Avoid undue criticism and comparison as it may cause stress to your teen and affect her self-esteem.
* Mental health issues are common due to the stress of modern life. Accept that your teen is suffering from a mental health disorder, and understand that it is treatable. Overcome the stigma and address the problem tactfully and pragmatically.
* Talk to your doctor and stay in touch with your teen’s school representatives. Their valuable advice and experience may help you handle your teen’s mental issues effectively.
* Seek immediate professional help if you notice a drastic change in your teen’s behavior. A few counseling sessions can help your teen beat the blues.
* Establish an open, honest and constant communication system with your teen. Your affection and motivation will help your teen fight mental issues better.