5 Reasons Why Its OK To Be Single
By: Pinki Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:33 AM
If there is something Indian parents are more eager than getting their kids to clear IIT about, it is getting them married. The moment you enter your mid twenties, the whole world around you discovers a new found obsession to see you tying the knot. Why? Why is it that marriage has been made into the ultimate life goal? Here, we tell you why it`s perfectly fine if you never want to get married.
* Marriage is just a label. If you want to be committed to someone, you don`t need a piece of paper telling you that. You can be as dedicated, committed and loving a partner as anyone else without getting married.
* Contrary to what parents think, a marriage cannot guarantee a secure, lifelong relationship. What has to go wrong will go wrong. People who don`t want to stick around, won`t, either way. And people who truly love you will stay by your side without any declaration. You don`t need to get married to be sure your partner is never going to leave you.
* It`s strange how some people will spend the rest of their lives with people they don`t even love, suffering every day, just because their parents got them married. It`s funny how a life of compromise is what they see as a solution to a failed marriage. It`s much better to be in a relationship that you can break out of if things don`t go well than hanging on to the wrong person.
* We weren`t born to get married. It`s not as necessary as the Indian society makes it to be. Life is still going to be as good, even if you`re unmarried. Marriage is just an institution and you can choose not believe in it, like religion. There`s nothing wrong with not conforming to the idea of marriage if you don`t believe in it. As simple as that.
* Not all relationships pass the test of time. If break ups weren`t hard enough already, things get unmanageably rough if the two partners are married! Divorces are messy. Always. Whether or not the separation is out of mutual consent. When two people decide to end a long term relationship that they`ve invested their soul and heart into, getting into legal hassles is the last thing they want to be involved in. And don`t even get us started on the alimony laws in the country!