Happy Birthday- 5 Things You Don't Know About Our PM Modi
By: Pinki Tue, 17 Sept 2019 09:59 AM
Born as the third child (out of six) to Damodardas Mulchand (father) and Heeraben Modi (mother), Narendra Damodardas Modi is the 14th Prime Minister of the world’s largest democracy, India. He is regarded one of the most successful self-made leaders in the world as he belongs to an oil-pressing community who is considered as the Other Backward Community in India and has no political background in his family. Let’s explore some of the interesting facts about the rags-to-riches story of this dynamic leader:
* When most teenagers think about their career at the age of 17, Narendra Modi decided to leave home for travelling across India. This decision changed the course of his life as during his travel he came across many cultures of India and met different people. During this period he also visited the Himalayas and spent almost two years as a sanyasi with the yogic sadhus. These travels marked a lasting impression on the young Modi.
* Surprised! But it’s true! When he joined RSS, his first job was to mop the floor at the RSS Headquarters in Ahmedabad.
* He joined BJP in 1987, the same year when BJP won Ahmedabad Municipal Elections, and since then it never lost the Municipal Elections in Ahmedabad. In the Ahmedabad Municipal Elections of the year 2000, BJP lost, ironically, Narendra Modi was outside of Gujarat at that time.
* Whether as the Chief Minister of Gujarat or as the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi never shared his official residence with any of his family members, not even with his mother.
* Narendra Modi is the world’s most followed leader on Twitter, accounting more than 50 million followers.