5 Natural Moisturizers To Keep Your Skin Soft
By: Pinki Thu, 30 July 2020 00:33 AM
Just like your body needs fuel in the form of vitamins, minerals and other supplements to function properly, your skin needs moisture to maintain its health and natural beauty. Also, when the skin is hydrated, fine lines and wrinkles smooth out and aging signs are less likely to appear.
It is not only people with dry skin who need a moisturizer to nourish and revive their skin. Normal, combination and oily skin also requires moisturizing.
If your skin is not moisturized regularly, it will start looking dull and old. This is one reason why no skin care regimen is considered complete without emphasis on the moisturizing part.
- Rub some lukewarm olive oil on your hands, legs and other areas of your skin.
- Massage gently using circular motions.
- Leave the oil on your skin for 30 minutes, then take a shower.
- Do this daily or several times a week, as needed.
- Warm up some coconut oil in a microwave for a few seconds.
- Apply this warm oil on your skin.
- Massage gently so that the oil penetrates into the skin.
- Wait 10 minutes, then take a bath or shower.
- Do this once daily, or as needed.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons each of honey and whole milk. Apply it on your skin, then wait 10 minutes before taking a shower. Repeat daily, or as needed.
- To deal with extremely dry skin, apply a layer of honey on the affected area, and allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week, or more often if you have very dry skin.
- Thoroughly mix equal parts of glycerin and rose water (plain water will also do).
- Apply this solution on your skin before going to sleep.
- The next morning, take a lukewarm shower to rinse it off.
- Repeat daily, or as needed.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel using a spoon. Apply the gel on your skin and allow it to dry for 10 to 12 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat every 2 or 3 days.
- Another option is to combine the gel from 1 aloe vera leaf and ½ cup of coconut oil (solid, not melted). Whisk the mixture with an electric or hand whisker for about 5 minutes, until you get a fluffy consistency. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use it once or twice daily, as needed.