- Coconut Water Does Miracles On Dry And Lifeless Skin By Nourishing It, Read For More Such Benefits
Coconut Water Does Miracles On Dry And Lifeless Skin By Nourishing It, Read For More Such Benefits
By: Pinki Sat, 27 June 2020 2:37 PM
Coconut water (nariyal pani in Hindi) is a clear liquid found inside the coconut fruit or coconut palm. This water has a sweet and nutty taste and is considered as a refreshing drink that contains easily digested carbohydrates and electrolytes. These coconuts grow on large palm trees known scientifically as Cocos nucifera. The liquid inside the coconut fruit is formed naturally, which includes 94% of water and less fat. Coconut water is often confused with coconut milk.
Coconut milk is made from the grated coconut mixed with water that is high in fat content. Because of the high amounts of electrolytes present, coconut water is often consumed by athletes, sportspersons, and persons doing regular work out for the regeneration of electrolytes lost in the form of sweat. Apart from this, coconut water has some skin amazing benefits when applied topically on the surface. Coconut water is a widely used product all over the world because of the essential nutrients present in it. In this article, we will look into the benefits of coconut water for the skin and face.
* Treats Minor Skin Irritations
- Skin Irritations or rashes are generally caused on dry skin, which are so irritable and even cause a burning sensation.
- Coconut water can be used for skin infections and irritations as it has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Apply coconut water on the infected part gently and massage it in circular motions till the water gets absorbed into the skin.
- Using this water twice a day can give you good results.
- Looking young, even in the mid-40s, has become a significant challenge for many people. For this, they use various chemical-based anti-aging creams keeping aside the natural products.
- Coconut water is one such natural product that reduces the signs of aging on the face. Cytokines are the proteins present in coconut water that encourages cell growth and cell activation.
- Firstly, clean your face with a face wash and pat dry.
- Spread a sufficient quantity of tender coconut water on your hands and massage it on your face gently in the clockwise direction and anti-clockwise direction.
- Drinking a moderate quantity of coconut water daily also helps in anti-aging.
* Skin Moisturization
- Coconut water is very light in consistency; because of this property, it can be used as a natural moisturizer.
- This water also helps in reducing the oil and greasiness on the skin. This is highly recommended for oily skinned people.
- This water gets absorbed fastly into the skin and thus makes the face less oily.
- Cleanse your face regularly by massaging the coconut water on your face in circular motions, leave it to dry itself.
- You can make a pack of lemon juice with coconut water; applying this mixture on the face will make it soft and fresh.
* Natural Cleanser and Toner
- Coconut water has the ability to cleanse the face and naturally moisturizes the skin. This also helps in maintaining the pH levels of the skin and keeps it hydrated all the time.
- Coconut water also helps in removing the makeup from the face. Dab some cotton in coconut water and use this for removing the makeup.
* Instant Glow
- The vital nutrients present in the coconut water helps in giving an instant glow to the skin when washed with the coconut water every day.
- Cleaning the face with coconut water gives you a glowing, smooth, and even-toned skin.
- Coconut water, when used with turmeric and red sandalwood, gives you an unimaginable glow with a smooth and flawless complexion.
- Take some turmeric powder and red sandalwood in a bowl and pour some coconut water into it. Mix properly to make a paste from it, apply this paste as a face mask, and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the mask gently and wash your face with fresh water and observe the glow on your face.