Home Made Aloe Vera Body Scrub
By: Pinki Tue, 23 Apr 2019 1:14 PM
Aloe Vera is a versatile plant ingredient which is used in most commercial and home-made products for its remedial purposes. It takes care of our personal health, skin, hair, and beautifies it at the same time. Apart from the well-known nourishing, hydrating, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties of aloe vera gel, it contains powerful antioxidants which help in cleansing and exfoliation. Today let’s look at a great way care for your skin – using a homemade DIY Aloe Vera Body Scrub! A body scrub is a great way to give your whole body some love. This easy aloe vera body scrub contains the essential properties of aloe vera gel, as well as other useful ingredients.
Aloe Vera Gel (where to get it)
Brown sugar (where to get it)
Olive oil (where to get it)
Lavender essential oil (where to get it)
Peppermint essential oil (where to get it)
Aloe Vera Gel: 1 medium sized leaf
Brown sugar: 1/2 cup
Olive oil: 2-3 drops or juice of a fresh lemon
Lavender essential oil: 12 drops
Peppermint essential oil: 8 drops
How to Extract Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a freshly cut medium sized Aloe Vera leaf and slice it off laterally from the middle.
- Remove the latex properly as it can severely affect your health causing diarrhea and indigestion.
- Extract the gel using a spoon and take it in a bowl.
- Wash off the excess slime under running water.
- In a bowl, take the necessary amount of extracted Aloe Vera gel and smash it evenly.
- To the gel, add the entire quantity of brown sugar and thoroughly mix both the ingredients.
- To the mixture now add the required amount of olive oil and mix it evenly in the bowl. Olive oil nourishes the skin and keeps it hydrated for a long time. However, if you have oily skin, prefer lemon over olive oil and blend the mixture with the juice of a fresh lemon. Lemon juice exfoliates the skin and removes excess oil and dark spots.
How to Apply
- Moisten your face with lukewarm water so that the scrub can penetrate the clogged pores and dead skin layers effectively.
- Take the DIY Aloe Vera body scrub in your palm and apply it evenly all over your body.
- Use your index and middle finger and gently massage it in a circular motion. While massaging your face and neck, start from your nose and direct the motion towards your cheekbones.
- Massage the mixture thoroughly over the applied areas for 5-10 minutes.
- Dip a clean and soft towel in lukewarm water and gently wipe off the exfoliating mask from the applied areas.
- Wash your face and body with cold running water to close the pores completely.