5 Ways To Style Your Kaftan
By: Pinki Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:22 AM
Kaftans are one of the comfiest outfits to wear and have a multitude of ways to be worn! It can instantly go from daytime to nighttime attire in a heartbeat! With the right accessories, you can completely transform the kaftan to make it look like a whole new different outfit! Although finding matching accessories to printed ones can be a little volatile, it can be achieved. Here are some ideas that you can use to make your kaftan look ultra glam.
* Kaftans are perfect for the beach! Pick a long kaftan made with a thin fabric like cotton or silk for ultimate comfort! These fabrics also absorb sweat and keep you feeling cool on a hot day. You could also add tassels or beads to it for some extra pizzazz! Pick bright colours and choose minimal jewellery if you’re thinking of heading out to a beach.
* Go belt-free boho chic in the morning and glam at night! Flaunt your curves for the evening by adding a lovely belt or sash, preferably a chunky belt! Not only will it accentuate your curves, it will also make it look more like a dress instead of an oversized curtain.
* Carry a matching small clutch or purse to complement your kaftan since the kaftan is already oversized. Oversized purses and bags are ideal for casual, day functions. Stick to solid coloured purses that match your kaftan.
* You can never go wrong with a kaftan if you pair them with nude heels! The nude balances out the vibrancy of the kaftan and will make you look very chic. Wedges are also acceptable as long as they a light brown or nude colour. Flats will also be perfect for those who do not like heels, as long as they match with the kaftan.
* For jewellery, sticking to basic silver and gold ones that aren’t too flashy is the best way to go! You could also play around with hair jewellery pieces like a maang tikka to complete your desi look! Avoid chunky neck pieces and earrings for evening functions to keep is classy and sophisticated However, you can add statement hand cuffs, links and bangles to really add some wow factor.