11 Exercises To Help You Reduce Buttocks Fat
By: Pinki Wed, 02 Dec 2020 5:11 PM
Staying fit is a goal for everyone. But to lose fat from the butt area is a dream. With the lifestyle we are leading officially and personally, sitting has become a significant part of our life, and it accumulates unnecessary fat in the buttocks. Butt has three major muscles called gluteus maximus, the gluteus minimus, and gluteus medius. It is challenging to have spot reduction, but you can try some simple exercises to reduce butt fat. Explore this article for a detailed description about 11 best exercises to reduce buttocks with images.
# One-Leg Deadlift
These exercises have an impact on gluteals or butt muscles. Keeping these healthy muscles results in good posture. They are also necessary for maintaining a healthy lower back.
- First, stand straight and place dumbells on the floor.
- Slowly lift your right leg without losing balance and bend down to reach the dumbbells and wrap your hands around it.
- Complete the pose by extending your right leg as much as possible.
- Keep the extended leg stiff and the resting leg too without bending.
- Try to stay in the pose for 20 seconds.
- You can slowly bring your extended leg to a resting position and standing straight.
- During any time during this stretch, you lose balance; you can slowly put your leg in a resting state.
# Side-Lying Hip Abduction
Hip abductor exercises strengthen glute muscles and tone them and give them a firm look. They also help stabilize your pelvis. If your hip abductor muscles are strong, they help your body perform well in any situation.
- Sleep sideways on the floor and fold your left hand under your head.
- Keep breathing and put your right hand across your chest.
- Now slowly lift your right leg at a 70 degrees angle.
- Keep your leg stretched for about 20 seconds.
- Then slowly bring your leg down and repeat it ten times.
- You can do these stretches by changing sides.
# Side Stepping Exercise
Side-stepping is a body resistance exercise that plays a prominent role in strengthening the muscles in your legs and buttocks. They help you lose fat in your butt and make them firm.
- Place a small stepping stool and stand erect beside it.
- Make your hands into fists.
- Put your left leg on the stool and join your right leg along.
- Put your right leg down and then joined by your left leg.
- Keep repeating at a faster pace.
- It is important to keep breathing.
# Step Climbing Exercise
Climbing steps employ more muscles than walking, jogging, or running on a flat surface. Climbing steps involve glutes and provide accurate conditioning of quads and hamstrings too. It is one of the best exercises to reduce buttocks.
- You can use a stepping machine in a gym.
- Use stairs even when there is a lift available.
- You can go for a hike.
Lunges are lower-body strengthening exercises that tone buttock muscles called gluteus maximus. There are many variations in thrusts such as sideways, forward, and transverse.
- Stand with your feet with a width of your hips.
- Take a forward step with your left leg
- Now slowly bend your legs with a 90 degrees angle without legs touching the ground.
- Come back to standing position and repeat it many times.
# Lateral Band Walk
Lateral band walk is an exercise that strengthens and stabilises the muscles in your hips, knees and enhances gluteal muscle. You can do these stretches as a warm-up before high power activities like running or jumping. This is one of the best exercises to reduce buttocks.
- Take a resistance band and place it around both the knees.
- Try to spread your legs spreading it evenly around both the legs.
- Put your hands forward, making a ball.
- Slowly bend the knees forming a squat posture
- Use an elastic band with high resistance for better results.
- Take 5 to 10 steps in one direction and repeat it in another direction.
# Leg Lifting In Donkey Style
This pose targets the largest of the glute muscles gluteus maximus, which forms the bulk of the buttocks. It also strengthens your core and shoulder muscles as your body needs to remain stable while you perform this pose.
- Lie down on the yoga mat with elbows and knees touching the ground.
- Slowly lift your upper body towards the ceiling, and see that your elbows, knees snd heels are in a straight line.
- Keep your elbows firmly on the ground, and keep your head and torso straight.
- Now, lift your right leg and stretch it as much as you can, keeping the left knee intact on the floor.
- Make sure that the right foot is pointing towards the ceiling and extend it in up and down position without moving the left knee or the upper body.
- You will be able to feel pressure in the butt area.
- Repeat the same for a minimum of 10 times in one leg and switch to the other leg.
# Leg Extension With Back Kick
The muscles most affected in leg extension exercises are quadriceps. Quads have several tissues, but the most worked muscle during leg extensions is rectus femoris. This is one of the primary activities that involve buttocks and can do wonders if done regularly.
- Get on your hands and knees on a mat.
- Place a foam roller under your right foot so that your right knee doesn’t touch the ground.
- Balance yourself in this position, lift your left leg slowly and fold your knees.
- Release your left leg straight parallel to the ground like kicking.
- Make sure that your right knee doesn’t touch the ground and torso, head, and hands are kept straight.
- While you are kicking, pressure can be felt in your butt area.
- You can do this 15 times in each leg.
Squats make your lower body exercise. It affects the muscles of buttocks, thighs, and hips. A combination of squats with dumbbells is an excellent way to reduce butt fat, and it tones your arms at the same time. This is one of the simple and effective exercises to reduce buttocks.
- Stand up with your feet apart, a bit wider than your hip.
- Either hold dumbbells in both hands or keep a single one with both hands.
- Now, slowly push your bum backwards and lower your body into a squat.
- Keep your chest lifted and core tight.
- Make sure to keep your head, back, and shoulders in line with your spine so that it doesn’t strain your neck.
- Apply pressure on heels, and you can feel the stretch in your butts.
- Repeat the same for 20 times to gain fabulous results.
# Ardha Chandrasana
The Ardhachandra asana strengthens ankles, glutes, legs, spine, and abs. Yoga, along with reducing fat in the butt area, it enhances the muscles of the abdomen.
- Stand straight on top of the mat, turn to your left and keep your feet wide apart as your wrists are.
- Rotate your right foot at a 90 degrees angle so that your leg is in the air and turn your hip slightly in the same direction.
- Now, extend and lift your right arms above your shoulders facing the roof.
- Try balancing your body weight on your left leg; left-hand fingers should touch the floor and should be 6 inches away from the left leg.
- Once you achieve proper balance, turn your head and look at the left thumb. You can feel the pressure in the buttocks and back area.
- Hold up in this position for a minute and slowly lower your right leg exhaling and then lower your arms.
- Repeat the same exercise with both legs for five times, to reduce buttock fat.
# Parivrtta Utkat Asana
Parivrtta Utkat Asana also called revolved chair pose, is one of the simple Asana, which can drastically help you reduce butt fat and detoxify your body at the same time. This pose mainly affects your chest, shoulders, upper back, and enhances the glutes, thighs, ankles, calves, and lower back. It stimulates abdominal organs and lengthens your spine.
- Stand with your feet and heels together. With a marginal gap between legs, bend your knees and sit as if you are seated in a chair.
- Lift your arms above your head, forming a namaskar mudra and turn your shoulders to the right without moving the hips or knees.
- Now place the left elbow on your right knee and move your chest towards the right.
- Place both hands with each other for balance.
- With a deep breath, look up and feel the pressure building on the butt and other parts.
- Try to remain in this position for one to three minutes and exhale. Straighten your shoulders and return to the same place.
- By repeating this exercise ten times on both sides, you can reduce the fat in buttocks.