4 Ways To Consume Fenugreek Seeds For Weight Loss
By: Pinki Fri, 03 July 2020 5:38 PM
Fenugreek seeds or Trigonella foenum-graecum (botanical name) belongs to the family Fabaceae, fenugreek has countless health benefits. Fenugreek seeds and its leaves are widely used across the world due to its medicinal properties. This spice is quite popular in India as methi seeds and is widely used in cooking and for medicinal purposes. Apart from weight loss, methi seeds is known for its ability to lower cholesterol levels, control diabetes, and treat various stomach disorders.
Fenugreek is packed with many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as copper, iron, protein, vitamin-B-6, magnesium, manganese, and dietary fibre. It also is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Fenugreek seeds contain saponins and fibres in it, which is makes it so useful. These seeds are high in fibre, aid in digestion and prevent constipation. Some also use these seeds as a hair mask as they help control hair fall and promotes hair growth. Since fenugreek seeds contain vitamin C, they are believed to improve skin quality and gives a healthy glow. Summing up, fenugreek is an all-rounder natural ingredient that is not only great for weight loss, it helps with hair growth and great skin too.
* Fenugreek tea
This is a amazing recipe and beneficial even for people who just love maintaining a good health. To make this tea:
- In a mixer, grind some fenugreek seeds and add some water to form a thick paste.
- Boil one cup water in a pan.
- Add paste into the pan.
- Add some ginger to this tea as ginger is also considered a good thermogenic ingredient that helps to burn fat. You can also add any other spices of your choice.
- Boil the tea for 5 minutes.
- Consume this concoction on empty stomach every morning.
* Fenugreek sprouts
These seeds also aids in losing extra water from the body, reduce bloating. Consuming fenugreek sprouts also increases the nutritional value of the seeds and thereby promotes weight loss.
- Soak seeds in water for a couple of hours.
- Strain the seeds and place them on a moist clean cloth and place a heavy object over it.
- Leave it on for 2-3 nights. Once you see the roots shooting out, consume them daily on empty stomach.
* Powdered fenugreek seeds
This is a very simple method and can be done at home in a matter of minutes (please avoid purchasing powdered fenugreek seeds from the store).
- Simply heat a pan to medium and dry roast fenugreek seeds for 2-3 minutes on a slow flame. Once the seeds have cooled down, grind them into a powder form.
- Store the powder in a jar, mix one tea spoon of powder with water. Consume this water empty stomach every morning.
* Soaked Fenugreek Seeds
Since fenugreek seeds help you keep full, ingesting them the first thing in the morning will keep you from craving food all through the day.
- Soak about one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in filtered water overnight.
- Separate seeds from the water.
- Drink the soaked water and chew the seeds as well.