5 Exercises To Get Toned Arms At Home
By: Pinki Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:27 AM
Who does not want to get rid of flabby arms? Don’t you want your arms to look absolutely lean, toned and sturdy while wearing your favourite sleeveless summer dress or the spaghetti-strap tank top? Achieve not only toned but stronger arms by practising these very simple but absolutely effective exercises.
* Plank Press
- Get in a plank pose, in which your shoulders are aligned with your elbows and wrists, and your feet hip-length apart.
- Tighten your abs muscles raise one hand till your shoulder and then ahead – parallel to the floor. Breathe deeply. Hold this for 20 to 30 seconds and then place the hand back on ground.
- Repeat this with other hand.
- Do 10 to 20 reps.
- Lie down your tummy; keep your hands beside your chest, feet hip-length apart and rest your toes on ground which will make the sole of your feet perpendicular to the floor.
- Tighten your abs, make sure your do not strain your lower back.
- Lift your body on your two hands and tip of your feet with the help of your arm and shoulder muscles and your core. Breathe evenly throughout. Hold this position for a couple of breaths.
- Release your body back to the previous position. Hold this position for a couple of breaths.
- Start with 5 of these in 1 rep. Do a total of 10 reps in one workout session.
* Bench Press
- Lie on the bench with your eyes under the bar.
- Grab the bar with your thumbs under the bar, i.e., with a medium grip-width.
- Lift the bar by straightening your arms. Make sure you do not let pressure entirely on your elbows.
- Lower the bar to your mid-chest.
- Press the bar back up until your arms are straight.
- Make sure you do not hold your breath while doing this. Also DO NOT raise your lower body in the process.
- Do 5 of these in one rep. Do 5 reps like this per workout session.
- Take two dumbbells of 1 kg each in either hands. In a straight standing position, lift your arms sideways so that your shoulder and elbow align and are parallel to the floor. Your hands (and dumbbells) should be near your shoulders.
- Raise both arms together in a straight upwards direction so that your shoulders, elbows and wrists align in one single line and are perpendicular to the floor. Hold this for 5 seconds.
- Slowly, while exhaling, lower your elbows and let your hands rest near your shoulders.
- Repeat this 10 times to make 1 rep. Do 3 reps like this in one workout session.
- Sit side-ways on floor and lean on one elbow and forearm. your elbow must be aligned with your shoulder, your legs stretched and feet together.
- Contract your core, put pressure on your rested hand and raise your hips gently until your body aligns from head to tow.
- Hold this position for a minute or so; breath evenly and focus on balance.
- Gently release this pose.