Know How Jaggery Is Beneficial For Health In Winter
By: Kanika Fri, 24 Jan 2020 6:32 PM
A healthier alternative to white refined sugar, jaggery can be used in many Indian desserts leaving a distinct flavour that we all love. Nothing can beat the sweet flavour of the desi chocolate jaggery
Jaggery has certain minerals which are beneficial for the body. jaggery has a hot potency. You may agree, nothing can beat the sweet flavour of the desi chocolate jaggery or gur right after a hearty meal during winters. Health experts have always pronounced it as one of the best digestives that has numerous other health benefits to boast about. Not only is it known for its excessive iron and vitamin C content, but it has also been used as a traditional remedy for respiratory disorders and throat problems. A healthier alternative to white refined sugar, jaggery can be used in many Indian desserts leaving a distinct flavour that we all love.
How is Jaggery beneficial for health?
- It is generally recommended to consume jaggery in winter only as it is known to produce heat in the body.
- Jaggery is nothing but unrefined sugar and is made by boiling the sugar cane juice until it solidifies.
- Jaggery is also made from date palm. So, jaggery has similar calories as sugar that is four calories per gram. To keep the body warm we need heat and the heat is produced by the calories from food. That is why jaggery is considered warm as it gives enough calories to keep the body warm.
- It also helps to dilate blood vessels and produces warmth in the body. It is therefore, said to be beneficial to have jaggery in winters.
Here are some benefits of consuming jaggery in winters
- Generates heat inside the body
- Boosts immunity within the body
- Prevents constipation and enhances the production of digestive enzymes
- Helps in preventing joint pain
- Detoxifies the body
- Eases menstrual cramp pain
- Rich in iron contents, prevents anemia
#healthtip #wintertip #cosumptionofjaggery #benefitsofjaggery