Major Causes And Medicine To Use For Tremors In Hands
By: Pinki Wed, 16 Sept 2020 8:31 PM
If you’ve ever wondered why your hands are shaking during a terrifying job interview, first date, or other extremely inopportune time, well, welcome to the club. We’ve all been there, wanting to shake our...well, shaky fists at our bodies for the poor timing, or the simple WTF-ness of it all.
While in the market or when transacting with certain people, have you ever noticed some of them had shaky hands? During my medical college days, I had a friend who used to get shaky hands while taking a finger prick. Otherwise, all the time, he used to be normal. He said that he used to get nervous during the experiment. My grandfather, in his old age, had developed shaky hands and couldn’t hold a saucer without spilling tea from it. Shaky hands are also called as hand tremors. They could be distressing because it impairs the person’s ability to feed oneself, write, sign, or hold things, and function independently.
Tremor most accurately refers to a small, rhythmic shaking movement that occurs in a back-and-forth pattern. Everyone has a small, sometimes undetectable, shake when they move their hands. Fatigue, stress, feelings of anger or fear, caffeine, and smoking can make this normal shaking more prominent. Hand tremor can occur at any age but most commonly occurs in middle-aged and older men and women.
- Essential tremors are the most common of all the tremors. It results due to neurological disorder and causes rhythmic tremors. It can affect any part of the body, the hands – causing shaky hands, neck – causing no-no movements of the head, and, even, the voice – causing it to tremble or wavy. People above 40 years and above are affected, and it gets worse with age. The tremors occur when the person uses the hands. If you have a family history of essential tremors, you likely get it too.
- Low blood sugar
- Overdose of coffee
- Certain diseases of the brain, such as Parkinsonism, - Huntington’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, and post-stroke. - Parkinson’s tremors are the classic pill rolling tremors that occur when the person is at rest. The tremor disappears when the person starts to do any activity.
- Medications, such as certain antidepressants, certain anti-arrhythmia medicines, and asthma medications
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Deficiency of Vitamin B12
- Stress may aggravate the tremor.
Homeopathic Medicines for Tremors
As mentioned above in the treatment part, tremors can only be managed and not cured. Homeopathic medicines act as supportive ones and improve the relief in tremors. Below are the commonly used medicines for hand tremors.
Trembling and loss of muscular co-ordination indicate this remedy. When the patient experiences excessive trembling and weakness of all the limbs, fatigue after slight exercise, and trembling of hands when lifting them this remedy may help. When the patient may experience aggravation by changes in the weather, damp, wet fog, and thinking about his ailments and feels better in the open air, after taking stimulants and continuing the motion, this medicine may help.
This medicine is indicated for tremors in alcoholics. The sensation of extreme weakness and tremors all over the body without visible tremors, cramp-like paralytic conditions of the hands with jerking, a great desire for stimulants, and jerking of fingers during sleep indicate this remedy. The patient experiences aggravation in the morning and evening and the open air. Water causes coldness in the stomach and has to be mixed with alcohol.
It is indicated for tremors of the arms which increases on attempting to use the hands. When the patient experiences paralytic weakness in the legs, inability to lift the legs causing bow leg gait, uncertain gait, and highly exaggerated reflexes, this remedy is recommended.
Trembling and pain in the limbs, particularly when the left side is affected, this remedy is indicated. When the patient experiences trembling of the hand when eating and when raised higher, weakness in the lower limbs, and bad effects after the loss of sleep, after emotional disturbance, and smoking, this medicine is recommended. The patient is very anxious about the health of others.