Makar Sankranti - Recipe Of Til Poli
By: Pinki Thu, 11 Jan 2018 2:55 PM
Til poli is a delicacy made especially during the festivals of Makar Sankranti & Pongal. Learn how to make/prepare Til Poli by following this easy recipe.
2 cups White Sesame Seeds (til), cleaned
2 cups Jaggery (gur), grated
1 ½ tsp Cardamom (elaychi) Powder
¼ tsp Nutmeg (jayphal) Powder
1 ½ cups Flour (maida)
Salt, to taste
Oil, for shallow frying
* Rub in oil and salt to the flour and knead it to form dough.
* Cover the dough with a moist cloth, to keep it soft.
* Dry roast the sesame seeds, till they turn golden brown.
* When they cool down, pound them coarsely.
* Add in the grated jaggery and pound once again, to make the mixture even and smooth.
* Mix in the cardamom and nutmeg powders.
* Form small balls from the kneaded dough.
* Make a hole in the ball and fill it with a teaspoon of sesame seed mixture.
* Pull up the sides and seal the ball. Repeat with other balls.
* Oil a rolling board and place a stuffed ball on it.
* Roll out the ball into a thin round disk. Repeat with other balls.
* Shallow fry the disks, till they turn golden brown and become crisp.
* Serve hot.