Navratri Recipe- Open Your Fast With Kuttu Ka Paratha
By: Pinki Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:38 PM
This is often made during Navratri vrat or any other upavas. This is made from kuttu flour aka buckwheat flour and mashed potatoes. Apart from this flour, rajgira atta and singhare ka atta are also allowed during vrat. In comparison of these three, kuttu atta is very flexible and easy to work with.For a variation, you can add finely chopped green chilies and coriander leaves in it while kneading the dough. During navratri vrat or any other religious fasting, this kuttu ka paratha can be served with any vrat ki sabzi as a meal. Kuttu ka atta gives little heat to your body, so I suggest to serve yogurt based side dish with kuttu ka paratha e.g. dahi suran ki sabzi, dahi aloo, vrat ki kadhi, dahi arbi, raita or plain yogurt.
1 cup Kuttu ka atta (Buckwheat flour)
1 small or ½ cup Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
2 tablespoons Sweet potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed, optional
Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
¼ cup Water or more
Peanut oil or Ghee , for frying paratha
* Take kuttu ka atta and rock salt in a bowl.
* Add mashed potato and sweet potato. Mix well by rubbing between your fingers.
* Now adding little water at a time start kneading the dough. It will come together very easily.
* Now divide it into 8 equal portions and make smooth balls then flatten them between your palm.
* Now take a ziploack bag and cut the sides to make it open.
* Take one flatten disc and put between the two layers of bag.
* Start rolling using rolling pin into 5-6 inch diameter circle. Roll it very gently. While your are rolling, heat the tawa on medium heat.
* Now lift it very gently put on the hot tawa. Let it cook for few seconds.
* Once you see brown specs at the bottom, flip it and let it cook the other side.
* Now apply oil or ghee on this.
* Then flip it and cook by pressing lightly using spatula.
* Again apply oil and flip.
* Cook other similarly by pressing till you see no more doughy part and have a light brown in color.
* Remove it from the tawa and keep in insulated container or serve right away.
* Repeat the same for rest of the parathas.