Recipe- Crispy And Crunchy Sweet Potato
By: Kratika Tue, 23 Feb 2021 5:39 PM
Yummy sweet potato cutlets are crispy and crunchy on the outside and super soft on the inside – they will just melt in your mouth. The best part is, they can be made ahead of time – just shape them and store in refrigerator. When ready to eat, cook until crispy- they are so light, d-licious and full of flavor!
If not using it as a vrat recipe, then add breadcrumbs or cornflour to the mixture. It binds pretty well and adds extra crunchiness. Stuff it in a bun, top with chutneys, and enjoy!!
1/2 cup Soaked Sabudana/Sago
1 big Sweet potato
1/4 cup Grated and drained lauki
2 tablespoon Cashew powder
1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds - crushed and sprinkle on top
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
Salt to Taste (Sendha Namak)
2-3 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
1 - 2 tablespoon Kuttu Flour (optional)
* Assemble all the ingredients. Grate lauki and squeeze tightly to remove all the excess water until it feels dry.
* Boil sweet potato.
* Peel and mash sweet potato in a bowl.
* Add all the ingredients.
* Add sabudana.
* Add chopped cilantro and.
* Mix it well. This mixture will be on a gooey side.
* Grease your hands and shape it into cutlets.
* Heat and grease a pan or tawa. Add cutlets to it.
* Keep turning occasionally, try using a fork - it's much easier.
* Cook until crispy and brown.
* Can be made ahead of time, shape and store them in refrigerator. When ready to eat, cook until crispy.
* Serve hot with green chutney and a cup of hot tea.