Recipe- Make Saturday Night Dinner Healthy With Spinach And Pomegranate Raita
By: Pinki Sat, 23 Jan 2021 4:04 PM
Here I bring you one of the easiest dish Spinach and Pomegranate Raita, loaded with goodness of iron rich spinach, calcium rich yogurt and antioxidant rich pomegranate.
India meals are wholesome. Most of the meals consists of dal/lentils, dry veggie or curry, rice and chapatis.The main purpose is to include all the food groups for balanced diet.
1 Cup Fresh Yogurt/Dahi
1 Cup Fresh spinach leaves
¼ Cup Pomegranate Pearls
1-1½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
Black Salt as per taste
* Wash spinach very well in running tap water.
* Boil water in a pan, add spinach and keep it for 1-2 minutes. Transfer it to ice cold water and let it be there for another 2-3 minutes. Now drain the water from spinach completely and puree it.
* Take fresh plain yogurt. It can be homemade or store bought. I prefer my homemade yogurt.
* To it add roasted jeera powder/cumin powder, honey/sugar, red chilli powder and whisk till smooth consistency.
* Add spinach puree and mix well in yogurt. Cover it and refrigerate till serving time.
* Before serving mix black salt in yogurt and add pomegranate seeds to it.
* During winter months you can add tadka of Garlic in ghee. Since yogurt has cooling properties many people avoid it during rainy season and winters.
* Elders back home always avoided yogurt during monsoon and added either garlic tadka or some fresh ginger or ginger powder to diminish it's cooling properties.