Recipe- Make Your Weekend Amazing With Greek Goddess Bowl
By: Pinki Thu, 21 Nov 2019 3:15 PM
30-minute, 10-ingredient Greek- and Mediterranean-inspired bowl with vegetables, tabbouleh, vegan tzatziki, and crispy baked chickpeas! A healthy, satisfying entrée or snack.
1 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed, drained and dried well on a towel)
1 Tbsp oil (coconut or avocado are best // omit if avoiding oil)
1 Tbsp Shawarma Spice Blend (or similar spices you have on hand)
1 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar (if avoiding sugar, omit)
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup Vegan Tzatziki
1 batch Red Pepper Hemp Tabbouleh (or sub chopped parsley)
1/2 cup green or kalamata olives (pitted and halved/chopped)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 medium cucumber (thinly sliced)
1 medium carrot (optional // sliced thinly on a diagonal into “chips”)
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and set out a baking sheet.
* Add washed, dried chickpeas to a mixing bowl along with oil, Shawarma Spice Blend, maple syrup, and salt. Toss to combine.
* Add seasoned chickpeas to the baking sheet. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
* Assemble bowl by dividing tzatziki, tabbouleh (or parsley), olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots (optional) between two serving bowls. Top with cooked chickpeas and garnish with fresh lemon juice.
* This bowl is delicious as is, but it would also pair well with my 4-ingredient Garlic Dill Sauce or my Tahini Dressing!
* Best when fresh, but you can store leftovers (separately) up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Store leftover chickpeas separately in a sealed container at room temperature up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.