Recipe- Perfect For Evening Snack Are Baked Sweet Potatoes
By: Pinki Fri, 14 Feb 2020 4:10 PM
Baked Sweet potatoes are delicious, healthy and versatile. Learn how to bake them perfectly every time with this simple and easy recipe that shows both a sweet and a savory option. Sweet potatoes are such a versatile food. They can be boiled, baked, pureed, fried, mashed and even grilled! Sweet potatoes can stand in for meats, to add texture and flavor without a lot of calories or cholesterol. Sweet potatoes are a fun, Fall favorite but are great any time of year.
4 large sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Scrub the dirt off of each sweet potato. Use a fork to poke 8 to 10 sets of holes in the skins of each sweet potato for ventilation and wrap each tightly in aluminum foil.
* Place on a baking sheet to catch the juice that will inevitably leak out. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour, or until soft.
* Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and unwrap.
* Slice them each in half length-wise.
* Add 1 tablespoon melted butter to the inside of each sweet potato to top. Season with salt and pepper.