Recipe- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls For Kids
By: Pinki Fri, 29 May 2020 12:44 PM
These Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls are easy, soft and ready in 1 hour! Drizzle with your favorite glaze and make them this fall. Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, nut. Makes 1 9 inch pie pan or two 8 inch cake pans.
What’s fall without warm Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls! A load of Pumpkin Pie Spice, pumpkin puree in these simple rolls, which are filled with coconut sugar and cinnamon and baked to a beautiful golden. Then glazed with a simple coconut milk + sugar glaze. Add pumpkin pie spice or lime juice to the glaze. I used lime juice to add a fresh flavor burst to the glaze. Use any other vegan cream cheese based glaze.
1 Tbsp active or quick rise yeast or 1 sachet
1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk like coconut or almond warmed
3 Tbsp ground raw sugar
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal or chia seed meal
1 Tbsp oil optional
1/2 cup (122.5 g) pumpkin puree loaded
2 cups (250 g) unbleached white flour or bread flour or all purpose flour
1/2 cup (60 g) Oat flour
2/3 tsp (0.67 tsp) salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 to 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, 1/4 tsp each of cloves, nutmeg
2 to 3 Tbsp melted vegan butter or oil Or use a light spray of oil
1/3 cup (53.33 g) or more coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (113 ml) coconut milk canned, preferably full-fat, or use soy-milk
7 Tbsp sugar scant 1/2 cup. Use 1/3 cup for less sweet
3 Tbsp cashew flour for thickening, optional
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lime juice or 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* In a bowl, combine warm non dairy milk, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 2 minutes. Add flaxmeal, warmed or room temperature pumpkin puree and oil and mix well.
* In another bowl, whisk the flours, salt, spices and baking powder.
* Add dry to the wet and knead for a minute or 2 into a soft dough. Add more flour if needed.
* Using some flour, pat and roll the dough into a 24 inch by 9 inch oval-ish rectangle.
* Brush metled butter or oil on it.
* Sprinkle coconut sugar and cinnamon.
* Start rolling from one side to make a long 24 inch roll.
* Brush water on the other side to seal.
* Cut into 3/4 to 1 inch rolls. Place the rolls in a greased or parchment lined dish. Spray or brush oil on the rolls.
* Cover the dish with a towel. Let rise for 20 minutes.( let them rise for 40 mins for a better rise if the ambient temp is cold)
* Meanwhile make the glaze: Blend everything under glaze until well combined and keep aside.
* Bake the rolls pre-heated 375 degrees F / 190ºc for 15 to 18 mins or until golden on some edges.
* Immediately pour the glaze over the rolls. Let sit to soak for a few minutes before serving.