Recipe- Try Gazpacho For Summers
By: Pinki Tue, 25 June 2019 2:07 PM
The sad truth is, for most of the year at least, tomatoes are terrible. When late summer rolls around, the tomatoes turn juicy and sweet and we can't get enough of them.
2 lb.tomatoes, quartered
2Persian cucumbers, peeled and chopped
1/2red bell pepper, chopped
1clove garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp.red wine or sherry vinegar
1/3 c.extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
2slices country bread, cubed
2 tbsp.thinly sliced basil
* Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, garlic, vinegar, and water in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, then add olive oil and blend to combine.
* Taste and season with salt, pepper, and more vinegar if needed. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
* Meanwhile, make croutons: in a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
* Add cubed bread and cook, stirring occasionally, until bread is golden and crisp.
* Remove to let cool and season with salt.
* To serve, divide soup among bowls and top with basil, croutons, and a drizzle of olive oil.