Recipe- Add A Tadka Of Bamboo In Your Briyani
By: Pinki Thu, 21 Jan 2021 4:01 PM
Biryan is a mixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. It is made with Indian spices, rice, and meat (chicken, beef, goat, pork, lamb, prawn, or fish). Biryani is popular throughout the Indian subcontinent, as well as among its diaspora. It is also prepared in other regions such as parts of Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq. The spices and condiments used in biryani may include ghee (clarified butter), nutmeg, mace, pepper, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, coriander, mint leaves, ginger, onions, tomatoes, green chilies and garlic. The premium varieties include saffron. In all biryanis, the main ingredient that accompanies the spices is the chicken or goat meat; special varieties might use beef or seafood instead. The dish may be served with dahi chutney or raita, korma, curry, a sour dish of aubergine (brinjal), boiled egg, and salad.
In this article we are telling you about how to make Bamboo Biryani. Bamboo biryani has long-grained rice cooked to perfection with authentic spices and your favourite meat inside a bamboo, which promises to give a punch to your taste buds.
- 500 gms chicken
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp biryani masala
- 2 inch pieces ginger
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 4 Green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tsp ghee/oil
- Whole spices
- Saffron water
- Fried onions
- Take chicken into a mixing bowl. Add whole garam masala spices, salt as required, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, fried onions, half a lemon, yogurt, mint leaves, coriander leaves, oil and mix well. Leave it to marinade for an hour.
- Take raw basmati rice into a mixing bowl.
- Add oil, salt, whole garam masala spices, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, onions, green chilies, mint leaves and mix well.
- Keep it aside for an hour.
- Clean the bamboo until you find no dust inside.
- Grease the inner part with oil.
- Put 2 spoonful’s of chicken marinade first and then 4 to 5 spoons of rice. Repeat the process again.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of water. Water runs down to the bottom through the gaps.
- Cover the bamboo with an aluminum foil.
- Set fire and put the bamboos on it.
- Leave for 30 to 35 minutes turning in between.
- Later remove it from the fire and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot on a banana leaf.