- Hunger Struck›
- Recipe - Try Out This Authentic Food Of Rajasthan 'Gatte Ki Sabji' Added With Lots Of Flavoured Spices And Herbs
Recipe - Try Out This Authentic Food Of Rajasthan 'Gatte Ki Sabji' Added With Lots Of Flavoured Spices And Herbs
By: Kanika Fri, 24 Jan 2020 2:15 PM
The state of Rajasthan is famed for its rich culture and heritage. The arid nature of the region, the extreme climatic conditions, scarcity of water and vegetation has witnessed evolvement of unique cooking styles and food habits of the natives that is noticeably different from other Indian cuisines. The Rajasthanis have moulded their culinary styles in such a way that many of their dishes can be shelved for several days and served without heating. Gatte ki sabji is authentic food of Rajasthan which is made out of Gram flour added with lots of flavoured spices and herbs.
#Gatte ki sabji
- 2 cups Gram Flour / Besan
- 1/2 tsp or Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Caraway Seeds / Kalonji
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Curd
- Water for boiling
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 3 Bay Leaves / Tejpat Patta
- 3 Medium sized Onions
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder / Dalchini
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder / Hari Elachi
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder / Lal Mirch
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldiram
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasturi Methi
- 1 Cup Curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhandia
For Garnishing the Gravy
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Slit Green Chilies
- Mix and knead a soft dough out of all the ingredients listed for Gatte adding water only when required now take a small portion of the dough and roll it into about 6 inch long cylindrical roll.
- Now cut the roll in small 1 inch size pieces that called Gatte.
- Drop the Gatte in boiling water and boil them for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- After this strain the Gatte out of the water but please don’t throw away the water.
- To make the gravy heat Oil in a Kadai and then add Cumin Seeds and let them to crackle.
- Then add Bay Leaves and Asafoetida.
- Sauté the Onions till translucent and then add Garlic-Ginger Paste.
- After this add Cinnamon,Cardamom, Tomato Purée, Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Dry Fenugreek Leaves, Curd, Salt, Coriander Powder along with the water in which we had boiled the Gatte.
- Now give this a boil and then drop the Gatte into it.
- Boil the Gatte for about 10 minutes.
- Put of the heat and garnish it with some Garamond Masala, Green Coriander Leaves and Green Chilies.