5 Ways To Improve Your Intimacy Life After Pregnancy
By: Pinki Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:15 AM
Given the frantic schedules, hectic travel and unhealthy lifestyle, many couples living in the cosmopolitan face sexual difficulties. And when children come around, intimacy, physical or emotional, becomes a distant dream. You no more spend time with each other like you used to; bunnyhop into bed, have big party weekends or cuddle up and watch a movie.
“Life changes drastically once you have a baby. By the time, I put my baby to sleep, my partner is already snoring away to glory. Forget sex, there are times when I don’t have the time to sit down and have a conversation,” laments homemaker Manali Roy.
Physiotherapist Kashmira Patkar, on the other hand, claims that motherhood is an incredible journey and the baby has, in fact, strengthened her relationship with her spouse. “For the first few months, the sex life does take a backseat. But you need to stop complaining and put an effort to spice it up. While arranging your wardrobe, keep those lubes, blindfolds and corsets right in the front. I’m fortunate to find a partner who looks after my baby when I go to the salon or yoga class,” she shares.
Since intimacy with your partner is as important as your baby, we tell you how to strike a perfect balance between the two.
* Be flexible with your sex timings. Try exploring morning sex while the baby is still napping or once the kids are off to school.
* Create at least 20 minutes per day to connect and talk about things other than household responsibilities.
* If you’re exhausted, sex is just what the doctor ordered.
* Jump into the shower or a hot bath with your partner whenever you find a chance.
* Make quickie your BFF. They’re instant stress busters.