- Mates & Me›
- Follow These Relationship Rules And We Assure You, Love Will Feel Like A Bed Of Roses
Follow These Relationship Rules And We Assure You, Love Will Feel Like A Bed Of Roses
By: Kratika Wed, 16 Sept 2020 1:35 PM
Like everything else, successful love too is based on a few rules. Follow these relationship rules and we assure you, love will feel like a bed of roses.
To many people, love is tricky and confusing.And to many others, love is just a mirage.
They may be in a relationship and still never experience true love.
But every new relationship has the potential to blossom into something spectacular and wonderful, just as long as you remember the relationship rules that matter the most.
There are a few relationship rules that can change a drifting relationship into a romantic one.
But as trivial and simple as they may seem, it’s something that needs a lot of effort and dedication to achieve.
Someone once said that falling in love should be effortless.
True, falling in love is easy, but staying in love always needs a bit of work. Just as long as working on a relationship feels less like work and more like fun, you should be just fine.Follow these relationship rules in your own relationship, irrespective of whether it’s new or old. As long as you’re committed to creating a better relationship, you’d have no trouble creating a magical experience out of love.
* Try your best to love your partner unconditionally even if it seems hard not to be selfish.
* Think from your partner’s perspective when it comes to matters of the heart.
* End an argument as soon as possible, even if hugging your partner is the last thing on your mind. [Read: How to fight fair in a relationship]
* Make love regularly, but never allot times for it. Scheduling a time for sex makes it a chore that can start to become a bore.
* Communicate with each other and grow together in love, but never grow apart with lack of communication as the years pass by. [Read: How to communicate in love]
* Learn to give space to each other to become better individuals. Even the closest of relationships need some alone time to miss each other now and then.
* Never take each other for granted. This is the easiest way to fall prey to affairs and arguments.
* Say a white lie when you need to, especially if it’s a little lie that won’t change your relationship, but will make your partner feel happy.
* Never shy away from positive criticism. As long as you say it in a constructive manner, it’ll help your partner become a better person.
* Be the shoulder to lean on, no matter what. Tough times are the most testing phases of a relationship. Stand by your partner, and when the storm ends, love will shine brighter.
* Never argue in public, but indulge in public display of affection.
* Date each other even if you’ve been together for years. It keeps the love alive.
* Look sexy for each other, and that includes a flat tummy. Just because you’re in a relationship doesn’t mean you should let yourself go and look shabby.
* Compliment your partner, even if it’s a regular chore or habit. Compliments are the best way to thank a special someone for the effort they’ve taken for you, however small it may be.
* Celebrate the special days. Birthdays and anniversaries may repeat itself too many times, but it’s these milestones that create memories.
* Never intentionally try to make your partner feel bad or look bad. It’ll leave a lasting scar that can hurt the relationship.
* Learn to forgive without holding grudges. As hard as it may be, forgiveness is one of the qualities of true love that matters most in a relationship.
* Respect your partner whole heartedly.
* Understand that your partner can have crushes on others too. It’s a difficult thought, but if you admire someone else, so can your partner.
* Trust your partner and your instincts, even if others say otherwise.
* Never grumble or badmouth each other even if you’re tempted to, out of anger or frustration.
* Learn to spend quality time with each other. There’s no better way to fall more in love with each other as the relationship grows.
* Behave like children now and then. A few pillow fights or cute wrestles can never hurt anyone. But it can help both of you enjoy the relationship.
* Be spontaneous with your affections. Don’t always wait for special occasions or moments to express your love. Spontaneous surprises are always happier than planned surprises.
* Whatever works! No relationship is alike. Instead of learning from someone else’s relationship, learn from your own relationship’s successes and failures.