4 DIY Ways To Use Curry Leaves To Get Strong And Healthy Hair
By: Kratika Fri, 27 May 2022 4:57 PM
Curry leaves are used in south Indian delicacies and have this aromatic flavour which makes the taste even better. These leaves are also called as kadi patta or sweet neem leaves. But if you have been wondering on the use the curry leaves for the hair growth or for darkening the grey/white hair then you are right. These green curry leaves have so many benefits for hair. In this post we will share how you can use the curry leaves for hair care, premature grey and some hair care natural tips that will helps you get away with the white hair or hair fall.
# Use of curry leaves for hair growth
Curry leaves make an excellent home remedy for the hair growth as it has all the vital component which induces and enhances the hair growth and minimizes the hair loss.
How to make?
- For this, you have to take half cup of coconut oil and add one fourth cup of curry leaves.
- Take the oil in a saucepan and boil it.
- Add the curry leaves in it.
- Boil it for 15 minutes and then put off the flame.
- Let it cool down.
- Strain it and store
How often to apply curry leaves oil?
Use this oil 3 times in a week to get rid of the hair fall and to make the hair grow faster. Gentle massaging is recommended. This treatment when done on regular basis will give smoother and longer hair. Other than that you can also take some essential vitamins suitable for healthy longer hair.
# Curry leaves Oil for Grey Hair
Premature greying of hair or whitening of hair is seen even in the teenagers these days, which can be due to stress pollution etc. so here too curry leaves can be used to darken the grey hair naturally it will take time but shows some great benefits.
How to prepare?
- Take mustard oil and almond oil in equal quantities or ¼ cup of each oil and add one fourth cup of fresh curry leaves in it.
- You can also put the dried curry leaves by mashing them into a fine powder.
- Warm the oils for 15 minutes and let it cool down.
- Strain the oil and store in a small plastic bottle.
How to apply?
- Use this oil regularly 3 times in a week at night.
- Massage the scalp and hair and leave it overnight.
- Wash the hair with mild herbal shampoo the next day.
- Warm up the oil a bit whenever you wish to use this.
- This will make it get absorbed into the scalp a lot easily and deeply.
# Use of curry leaves as hair revitalizer
Hair revitalize makes the hair smooth, shinier and stronger. It is great for dry hair which needs extra nourishment. Using curry leaves as a hair vitalizer makes them manageable. Take some curry leaves and add them to the boiling water. You can take 2 cups of boiling water and half cup of fresh curry leaves. Let the water boil and put the leaves in it. When the water reached only less than a cup then take it out and let it cool. Use this water to rinse the hair after the shampoo. Shampoo your hair and wash it out then use this curry leaves infused water to rinse the hair. This will add shine and strengthen the hair. It also reduces frizz and hair damage.
# Use of curry leaves as hair mask for healthy hair
Hair mask plays an important role in keeping the hair healthy and stronger. Curry leaves hair mask has multiple benefits like this hair mask will make the hair stronger, prevents the premature graying of hair and also to make hair manageable.
Take some curry leaves, amla powder and shikakai powder. The three ingredients should be around a cup. Soak them in 1 and half cups of water. Boil them for 10 minutes. Let this cool down and mash with the fingers. Use this paste like thing on the scalp and hair like a hair pack. Leave for one hour and wash off with normal water.
Benefits of Curry leaves (kadi patta) for hair
- Use of curry leaves make the hair shinier and manageable. Once in a week application of hair oils rich in curry extracts can make the cuticle get healed faster.
- Coconut oil and curry leaves usage make a good combination to darken the grey hair naturally.
- Curry leaves have substances which promotes the hair growth and combat the hair fall.
- Furthermore, curry leaves are high in beta carotenes which are also found in carrots and protein. Proteins are highly beneficial for hair since the hair strands are also made up of amino acids which are the building blocks of proteins.
- Using Kadi patta regularly on the scalp induces the growth of new hair strands which also makes this herb a great herb to fight alopecia in men.