5 Ayurvedic Ways To Get Rid Of Dry Skin
By: Pinki Fri, 01 Nov 2019 1:05:45
Dry skin is one of the most common probelm faced by people of all age group. Dry skin during winters causes many more problems like peeling of skin and rough skin. It is advisable to treat the dry skin at earlier stage. Ayurvedic medication is made of natural herbs and flowers and hence do not cause any side effects and over a period of time give you permanent relief. Here is a list of some simple dry skin ayurvedic treatments that you can try at home to get relief.
* Calendula is rich in natural flavanoids and oils that are essential for healthy skin. Collect the petals of the flower and make a fine paste out of it, before applying it on your skin. Leave the paste on until it dries. You can then rinse your face with warm water. Regular usage of this mixture will leave your skin supple and glowing.
* Chamomile is a natural moisturizer that helps in treating a number of skin ailments. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in treating skin allergies and bruises. You can make a decoction out of chamomile and strain it out before applying. A few drops of this decoction can also be added to your bath! Not only will you feel fresh and rejuvenated, Chamomile will also work on your skin to make it more supple and soft.
* Papaya, the fruit rich in vitamin A is also a skin protector, that helps prevent your skin from excessive dryness. You can use ripened papaya as a scrub. Make a pulp out of the ripe fruit and massage it into your skin in soft circular movements. Papaya can also be used daily on the skin, as it does not have any side effects.
* Aloe Vera is considered to be a one stop remedy for all problems related to skin and hair. It has moisturizing properties and combats with dry skin quickly and effectively. Ointments and gels made of aloe vera are easily available, however pure and fresh aloe vera gel is recommended. Apply the gel on your body before you sleep and leave overnight.
* The combination of banana and honey has been used for centuries to treat dry and scaly skin. Mix 1 spoon of raw honey with two spoons of ripe banana and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off. Follow this religiously to reveal smoother skin in just a few weeks.