5 DIY Face Packs To Manage Oily Skin Naturally
By: Kratika Tue, 12 Oct 2021 5:40 PM
The main cause behind oily skin is overactive sebaceous glands present in the skin. This causes them to produce large amounts of sebum. It is an oily, and waxy substance that safeguards and hydrates the skin. Some amount of sebum is needed by the skin to keep it healthy. However, when the sebum is produced beyond a certain level, then it becomes the cause for greasiness, acne, clogged pores, and more.
People with oily skin have a hard time surviving the summer season. Often it leads to embarrassment and low self confidence in social settings. Leaving home without hanky is not less than a nightmare. Due to all these discomforts, it becomes necessary to deal with this condition quickly.
To manage oily skin, you have to take regular care of it. Face packs are perhaps one of the best ways to reduce the excessive oiliness on the skin. They are prepared from natural and commonly used ingredients in our surroundings. Below are some of the most effective and simplest home remedies to manage oily skin naturally.
# Fuller’s Earth, Turmeric And Lemon Face Pack
Fuller’s earth cools the skin and removes excessive oiliness from the skin. It calms down the overactive sebaceous glands and regulates the production of oil in the skin. Lemon, is a powerful antioxidant and astringent agent that removes blemishes, and acne on the skin. Turmeric is a potent antiseptic that helps to maintain the right pH levels of the skin. The acidic content present in lemon removes the accumulated dirt on the skin and prevents all types of skin infections too.
- To prepare this natural remedy, you would need to mix two teaspoons of fuller’s earth with a pinch of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare a smooth paste. Apply it on the face.
- Keep it on your skin for fifteen minutes till it dries.
- Rinse with water. Apply a good-quality sunscreen before going out in the sun.
# Saffron and Milk Face Pack
Milk is a natural cleanser. Saffron has large amounts of iron, niacin, Vitamin C (antioxidant), calcium, potassium, zinc, selenium, and folic acid. Regular application of this face pack on the skin clears and heals skin and remove excess oiliness on the skin.
- Prepare a mixture of milk and saffron.
- Apply this combination on the face.
- Let it stay for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
# Curd, Turmeric and Besan Face Pack
This face pack is an effective cleansing agent that helps to remove excessive greasiness on the skin. Turmeric is a great antiseptic that works by balancing the right pH levels of the skin.
- Start by mixing two tablespoons of gram flour, one tablespoon of curd, and a pinch of turmeric. Mix them all and form a fine paste.
- Apply it uniformly on the face.
- Leave it for around ten minutes. Wash your skin with cold water.
# Honey and Cinnamon Face Pack
It is one of the natural best treatments for pimples and acne on the skin. Cinnamon exhibits powerful antibacterial properties that help in fighting against acne-causing bacteria named Staphylococcus aureus. When applied with honey, the duo treats inflamed skin, and makes your skin clear.
- Add one teaspoon of organic honey, one pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Apply it on your pimples, and acne. Leave it on for ten minutes.
- Wash your face. Pat your skin gently to make it dry.
# Turmeric and Neem Face Pack
Neem leaves and turmeric effective antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal ingredients that lower the formation of acne on the skin. Application of this face pack gives you clear, blemish-free and acne-free skin naturally.
- Take one tablespoon of a fresh paste of neem leaves and add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.
- Add one teaspoon of water to get the desired consistency.
- Apply the face pack evenly on the skin. Leave it on your skin for fifteen minutes.
- Wash the face. Use a clean cloth to dry it.