5 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dandruff
By: Pinki Sat, 09 Nov 2019 1:10:59
Before reading on about treating your dandruff at home, make sure you actually have dandruff. Chances are a good amount of the people visiting this page will actually have dry scalp, which differs from dandruff in symptoms and treatment.
* Baking Soda
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1 cup of water
A few drops of rosemary oil (optional)
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda to everyone cup of warm water.
- If you’re using an old (clean) shampoo or soap bottle, shake up the mixture and apply generously. Otherwise, stir it before you use it.
- Do this in place of shampoo, daily if possible.
- Your hair may feel quite dry in the beginning, but its natural oils will restore themselves soon, and they will be much more balanced than when using some commercial shampoo.
- If you feel you absolutely must use shampoo (and really try the baking soda alone first if you can) you can add a teaspoon of baking to a handful of shampoo and use that instead.
- The rosemary oil is optional, but some people find rosemary helps dandruff and think it has a pleasant scent.
2 tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds (check a health food store if they aren’t at your grocery store)
A bowl of water
Something to grind the seeds with
- Soak the seeds in 1-2 cups of water overnight.
- The next morning, grind them into a fine paste and apply to your scalp.
- Leave it applied for 30-45 minutes, then wash with mild shampoo or water.
* Neem Leaves
At least 2 handfuls of neem leaves
4-5 cups of hot water
- Add two handfuls of neem leaves to 4 or 5 cups of hot water.
- Let it stand overnight.
- The next morning strain the liquid and use it to rinse your hair.
- You can also try making a paste out of leaves, applying it to your scalp, and letting it sit for about an hour before washing it off with water.
2 white Aspirin tablets
- Crush up the Aspirin until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add it to your regular shampoo before use, making sure to leave it in your hair for about 2 minutes before rinsing completely.
2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, divided
1 cup of water
- Massage 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and let it sit for a minute.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into 1 cup of water and rinse your hair with it.
- Repeat daily until no longer needed.