5 Scrubs To Get Soft And Smooth Lips
By: Pinki Thu, 19 July 2018 12:06:50
Have you ever lathered one of those pricey lip scrub products across your kisser and been impressed with how soft and supple your lips felt afterward? It's simple to make homemade lip scrubs too, so you can save a little money. We've come up with a few effective lip scrub formulas. Don't use them more than 3-4 times per week though, or you might strip lips of their natural moisture, making chapped lips worse.
* Brown Sugar and Honey Scrub
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 squirt of honey (just enough to mix with brown sugar and make a paste)
1 drop vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and store up to a month in glass jar or tub with lid. Old eye cream jars work great.
- To apply: Rub scrub into lips and exfoliate gently. Let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse off with warm water. Apply a generous slather of lip balm afterwards to rehydrate lips. Use 1-2 times weekly.
* Lip Balm Scrub
1 tube of your favorite lip balm, mashed up
2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon room temperature coconut oil
- Mash one stick of lip palm with the back of a spoon in a small bowl. Add sugar and mix thoroughly to make a granular paste. Stir in coconut oil until paste is thinned slightly and is the consistency of thick gravelly goop. Store in glass jar with tight fitting lid up to a month.
- To apply, smear a generous helping of product across lips and gently massage. Rinse off with warm water. Use 3-4 times per week.
* Mint Lip Scrub
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 drop peppermint oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until they resemble a coarse paste. Store in a glass jar or lidded container.
- To apply, hold a warm wash cloth over lips for 3-5 minutes to soften. Slather with minty scrub and let sit for 5 minutes. Wash off with a warm wash cloth and apply usual lip balm. Lips will be tingly, fresh and plump.
* Coconut Sugar Lip Scrub
2 tablespoons softened coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut sugar (also called coco sugar or coconut palm sugar found in specialty or Asian markets)
1 tablespoon honey
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until a grainy paste forms. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- To apply, spread the coconut sugar scrub over lips and gently massage for 5 minutes, rinse thoroughly with warm water and apply a hydrating lip moisturizing product.
* Chocolate Lip Scrub Mask
3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1 small drizzle of honey
- Mix all ingredients together in small bowl until a gritty chocolate paste forms. If too thin, add additional sugar; if too thick, add additional olive oil and honey. Store in sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- To apply, swab the lips with a thick glob of chocolate scrub masque and leave on for up to 5 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with warm water and apply a light coating of lip balm or petroleum jelly.