6 Home Remedies To Treat Skin Moles
By: Kratika Thu, 16 Mar 2023 4:37:15
You may not mind if you have a mole on your face (many people regard it as a beauty spot), but there are people who hate the sight of moles on their faces or any part of their bodies. What are moles, you ask? They are benign skin lesions, either brown or black, seen either alone or in clusters. Sometimes they are smooth and sometimes they are rough to touch. If you’re wondering what they exactly are or want to get rid of them, you’ve come to the right place!
# Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is indeed a panacea for most common ailments. It is a popular remedy and can help you get rid of moles in a jiffy. The acid component of the vinegar helps slough off the moles.
- Dip a cotton wool in a small bowl of apple cider vinegar and place it firmly on the mole with a bandage or a medical tape and let it stay for the night. You need to do this for at least 10 days or till you get any visible results.
- Another thing you can do is rub warm water on the mole or scour the surface with an emery board and then apply the apple cider vinegar on that area till it turns white. Leave it on until it dries naturally. Do this several times a day.
- The mole may turn worse in the first couple of days because of the apple cider vinegar. But it turns better in a week. The scar left behind by the mole may be lightened considerably with coconut oil.
- For the above remedies, you must choose raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
# Baking soda and Castor oil
Many people have gotten great results after following this baking soda and castor oil remedy for a month. This works primarily because castor oil has the ability to disperse the pathological growth. The best part of this treatment is that it does not leave behind any unsightly scars.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and add about three or four drops of castor oil to it. Blend it properly to create a gummy texture.
- Apply it on the moles right before you go to bed. Shield the area with the help of adhesive bandages or medical tapes. The next morning peel it off right after you wake up. This will help you get rid of moles in a month’s time.
# Pineapple juice
- Pineapple juice contains citric acid, which helps dissolve moles and sloughs it off within a few days.
- Take a cotton ball, dip it into pineapple juice and apply it on the mole.
- Leave it on your mole for at least four hours for the night.
- You need to repeat it every day till it goes away.
# Onion juice
- Onion juice removes moles quite effectively largely because of its acidic properties.
- Extract fresh onion juice and dip a cotton wool in the liquid, apply it on the mole with the help of a cotton swab.
- Let it stay it on for 30 minutes or more and then rinse it off.
- Follow this remedy at least two or three times daily till you get results.
The application of iodine results in cell death, which is why it is particularly helpful to remove moles. As little as 5% solution of tincture iodine, available at any drugstore, should do the trick.
- First, you need to wash the area with lukewarm water and dry it out.
- Then take a piece of emery board and scour out the surface.
- Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly on the surrounding area. This is a great way of protecting it from pigmentation.
- Apply a drop of iodine directly on the mole.
- Shield the area with gauze and medical tapes.
- This can help get rid of the mole in a couple of weeks. Take care not to ingest iodine.
# Aloe Vera
This is a great remedy as it is completely painless. But what works for this remedy is that it is a natural sunscreen and also a topical anti-bacterial solution great for almost all skin ailments.
- Rinse the affected area with some lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- Rip open an aloe vera leaf and take out the flesh.
- Take help of a Q-tip and extract the gel out and then apply it directly on the mole.
- Make sure you protect the area with the help of medical tapes and secure it for at least three hours.
- You need to do this at least two to three times every day to get rid of moles in about a month.
- If you are unable to procure fresh aloe, you can also get yourself organic aloe gel from the store.