Effective Ways To Remove Holi Colors At Home
By: Kanika Fri, 07 Feb 2020 2:02:10
Holi is just around the corner and while it is a fun festival to celebrate, it can take a toll on your skin thanks to the harsh chemicals in colours. So if you are eagerly waiting for the festival of colours but are also worried about the aftermath on your skin, here’s help. All that colour on the skin coupled with exposure to the sun and intermittent water splashes can leave it looking dull and damaged. Prep your skin so that you can enjoy Holi while minimising the damage.
Tips after Holi
- Try and avoid scrubbing your skin to remove rigid colors. Scrubbing will damage your skin even more
- Use lukewarm water to bath. Very hot water will dehydrate your skin and can lead to rashes or irritation
- Cleansing milk is the best to remove hard colors. Apply it on your skin and leave it for 3-5 mins, then wash it off with lukewarm water
- Don’t miss out on moisturizing your skin after a bath and help your skin heal
- Color particles can settle on your hair locks, causing it to damage and open hair can get messed up while playing Holi. So avoid brushing/combing your hair when colored or wet, they may break
- While washing your hair, first rinse it with plenty of water to do away with dry colors. After this use a mild (possibly herbal) shampoo, massage you scalp gently with it and then rinse it off.