4 Effective Remedies To Strengthen Your Brittle Nails
By: Pinki Thu, 07 Dec 2023 1:17:19
Insufficient moisture can result in dry and fragile nails, primarily stemming from the repetitive cycle of washing and drying the fingernails.
Conversely, excessive moisture can lead to nails being soft and brittle, often due to prolonged exposure to household cleaners, detergents, and nail polish removers. Dryness, thinness, and increased vulnerability to breakage in nails are not uncommon outcomes of aging, inadequate nutrition, specific treatments, and certain medical conditions.
Fortunately, you can proactively address these issues by adopting suitable measures to maintain the health and strength of your nails, preventing them from becoming dry, weak, and easily damaged.
# Coconut oil
If you are susceptible to nail infections, coconut oil can be beneficial in fortifying your nails and moisturizing your cuticles. Its anti-fungal properties make it especially suitable for individuals dealing with dry or chapped skin.
Procedure for Coconut Oil Treatment:
- Heat coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds before bedtime and apply it to your cuticles.
- Wear thin cotton gloves overnight to enhance the effectiveness of the treatment.
# Garlic Oil
Garlic oil is another effective method for promoting nail growth. You can either rub thinly sliced garlic on your fingernails or create your own garlic oil.
Steps for Garlic Oil Treatment:
- Sauté chopped or minced garlic in olive oil for about 10 minutes without allowing the oil to bubble or smoke.
- After cooling, strain the oil into a glass container, discarding the garlic pieces.
- Massage this oil into your nails and cuticles nightly, rinsing it off in the morning to stimulate blood flow and facilitate nutrient delivery.
Honey, known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, contributes to maintaining healthy and flexible nails and cuticles.
Steps for Honey and Lemon Nail Mask:
- Create a mixture of 2 teaspoons of honey and a few drops of lemon juice for a hydrating nail mask.
- Massage the mixture into your nails for 15-20 minutes.
-Thoroughly rinse off the mask.
# Apple Cider Vinegar
For those dealing with fungal nail infections, apple cider vinegar is recommended due to its antifungal properties. An apple cider vinegar soak is advised twice daily.
Steps for Apple Cider Vinegar Soak:
- Fill a foot bath or large bowl with equal parts apple cider vinegar and warm water.
- Soak your feet for at least 20 minutes, patting them dry with a clean towel afterward.