4 Yoga Poses To Keep Your Liver Healthy
By: Pinki Thu, 04 Aug 2022 4:48 PM
Yoga is a great way to detox and stimulate your liver through specific postures. Here are five yoga poses that you need to practice daily to improve your liver health.
# Downward dog pose
- To perform this asana, come onto your hands and knees.
- Your palms should be under your shoulders and knees below your hips.
- Now form an inverted V shape by lifting the hips and straightening up the knees and elbow.
- Fingers should point ahead and hands should be shoulder-width apart.
- Your eyes should focus on the big toe. Hold the position for eight to ten breaths.
# Boat pose
- Lie down on your back and lift your upper body and lower body by balancing on your sitting bones.
- Your eyes should be focusing on your toes and knees and your back should be straight.
- Your arms should be parallel to the ground pointing forward.
- The abdominal muscles should be tight and breath should be normal.
# Cobra pose
- Lie flat on your stomach with your palms placed under your shoulder.
- Keep your feet together and toes pointed outwards.
- Now inhale and hold your breath while lifting your body from the torso keeping your palms on the floor.
- The angle formed should be 30 degrees. Your head should be slightly raised with a navel on the floor.
- Hold the posture for 10 seconds and then slowly bring down your torso as you exhale.
# Locust pose
- To perform the pose, lie flat on your stomach with your palms under your thighs.
- Take a deep breath in and then lift up your legs and upper body.
- Your feet should be together and knees should remain straight.
- Hold the posture for 10 seconds and slowly exhale and bring down your hands and legs.