5 Essential Oils To Help You Lose Weight
By: Pinki Mon, 30 Mar 2020 1:05:08
Overweight and obesity is one of the biggest health problems in the world. People have no time to count on exercises in this busy schedule, and hence people are becoming increasingly obese nowadays. But a solution has to be found because it reduces the span of the life cycle to a great extent. Also, it causes depression, diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, obesity, fragile bone strength and many more. Hence people are becoming more aware about their health and trying out different diets and modalities to reduce weight. Along with exercises and a proper and balanced diet, a holistic approach towards weight loss can also be tried with the help of essential oils.
Some essential oils have the capacity of burning down the fat content and eliminating the harmful toxins from our body. Other than those, essential oils have other advantages like boosting immunity, relieve stress and stress eating, reduce the fluid retention in our body and many others. In this article here, we will see how essential oils and which essential oils are best for weight reduction and how do they work. Essentials oils are extracted and distilled from plants in their purest form and have a number of amazing benefits. They help by reducing anxiety, improving digestion, reducing depression. Essential oils also indirectly help in weight loss by curbing food cravings and correcting cellulite. If you are trying to shed those extra kilos, you may want to consider adding essential oils as a natural alternative for weight loss.
* Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon oil is extremely effective in balancing the blood sugar levels and thereby reduces sugar cravings. It curbs hunger and improves satiety by lowering blood sugar levels. In addition to this, it serves as a cardio protective factor by reducing inflammation and relaxing blood vessels. Cinnamon can be consumed internally or diffused at home for prolonged benefits.
- Cinnamon essential oil can be added to warm water or tea and consumed for better results.
- You can also add the essential oil to your bath water for better results.
- Cinnamon oil can also be diffused at home and inhaled directly for reduced hunger.
* Ginger Essential Oil
Ginger essential oil helps in the reduction of body weight. The best advantages of ginger oil are that it suppresses appetite, induces better sleep, improve the process of digestion and promotes weight loss above all. With the help of this essential oil, improved absorption of nutrients and better digestion is seen. A compound called gingerol in ginger possesses antioxidant properties and reduces inflammation and swelling in the body. It improves metabolism significantly, thus aiding weight loss.
- You can mix the essential oil with olive or coconut oil and apply to the areas where there is excessive fat deposition.
- Massage it well for half an hour. Rinse it with clean water after 30 minutes.
- If you don’t want to go through the hassle, you can pour some of it in your bathtub while taking a bath for good results over a period of time.
- You can also add 2-3 drops of ginger essential oil to your tea or smoothie for increased metabolism and weight loss.
- Diffusing ginger essential oil at your home will improve mood and reduce hunger cravings, indirectly promoting weight loss.
* Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet orange essential oil has antioxidant properties and contains vitamin c, which helps in cutting down fat from our bodies. It causes a reduction in appetite and thus helps in weight loss. It also reduces cholesterol levels and decreases the pathological alteration of liver and fat tissues. Sweet orange helps in promoting weight loss by increasing metabolism. It reduces cholesterol levels and acts like a mood booster to reduce stress triggered eating. It helps in the active absorption of nutrients and promotes the feeling of fullness, indirectly preventing weight gain.
- Take a glass of water. Add two to three drops of sweet orange essential oil.
- Drink it before you sit down for meals to cut down the food intake and increase the feeling of satiety.
- Take a cotton ball. Drop a few drops of orange essential oil on it.
- Smell the vapours’ that arise from there before sitting down for a proper meal.
- This will reduce the level of your appetite and in turn curb overeating.
- Diffuse the oil in your home or workplace for a natural mood elevator and reduced hunger pangs.
* Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil increases the metabolism by activating enzymes that help in breaking down the body fat. It contains compounds like D-limonene, which increase metabolism and improve the absorption and digestion of nutrients. Grapefruit oil is also known to affect the autonomic nervous system, which regulates important body functions like digestion, reduces appetite and promotes weight loss. It lowers cholesterol by reducing lipid peroxidation and cleanses the lymphatic system.
- Apply 2-3 drops of grapefruit oil and massage it over the areas where there is excessive fat deposition. Leave it on for an hour and then wash it off.
- Add 2-3 drops of this oil to a glass of warm water and consume it on an empty stomach for increased metabolism and improved weight loss.
- Diffuse it in your home for improved mood and reduced hunger cravings.
* Fennel Essential Oil
Fennel essential oil is known for its weight reduction properties. It promotes the gastric enzymes and boosts digestion, increasing metabolism. Fennel breaks up the fat deposits in the bloodstream to be used as energy. It contains melatonin, which regulates the sleep wake cycle, and by ensuring quality sleep, reduces food cravings. It also acts as a diuretic and reduces water weight in the body.
- Fennel oil, when taken as a supplement, is known to improve digestion and boost metabolism.
- Add 2-3 drops into a glass of water and drink it to improve metabolism and increase weight loss.
- Diffuse fennel oil in your home to lift your mood and reduce hunger cravings.